Help with additional functionality

Moderator: crythias

beginner
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 7.0.7

Help with additional functionality

Post by beginner »

Hi,
I am implementing the Znuny 7 system and have a few questions.

1. I would like to hide/show a dynamic field (text type) based on whether the dynamic field (checkbox type) is checked/unchecked in CustomerTicketMessage.

2. I am using an LDAP backend for user authentication. I was able to display the 'manager' field from AD in Customer User Management. Based on it, I would like to send information to the client's manager whether he agrees or rejects the request. The key is that only the client's manager should see the client's request. If the manager agrees the ticket is moved to the processing queue, if he disagrees it is moved to the rejected queue. Alternatively, instead of being moved to another queue, only after the manager has made a decision is it shown to the people which will process the customer's request.

I also have a question about where the OTRS tags are located. For example "<OTRS_CUSTOMER_DATA_UserFirstname>". I know they are not stored in database.

3. I need to do a migration from MariaDB to MySQL in order to connect to Microsoft Power Apps to use database as a data source. What should I watch out for? What will I need to change in the Znuny configuration? If anyone has an idea how to connect to Microsoft Power Apps using MariaDB, also please reply.

I will be very grateful for the help given to me.

Best regards,
Jakub
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Help with additional functionality

Post by root »

HI,

No 1 & 2 are not possible without add-ons. There are two commercial add-ons available with a support subscription (DynamicFieldGroups and AdvancedLDAP) from Znuny.

Regarding No. 3, I would check the DBMS's manual. Znuny only required host,port, user, and password.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
beginner
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 7.0.7

Re: Help with additional functionality

Post by beginner »

Regarding 1:
What I want is:
If checkbox == checked => show other dynamic field.
If checkbox == unchecked => hide other dynamic field.

I wrote very simple javascript code, but I have no idea where to put it (which file). Could you help me with that?

var checkbox = document.getElementById("DynamicField_xxxxx");
var hidden = document.querySelector(".Row Row_DynamicField_xxxxxx field-wrapper col-wide-100 col-desktop-50 col-tablet-50");
hidden.hide();

checkbox.addEventListener('change', function() {
var xxxxxx = document.getElementById("DynamicField_xxxxxx").value;
if (this.checked) {
hidden.show();
} else {
hidden.hide();
xxxxxx = "";
}
});

Regarding 2:
Where is it possible to modify value taken from AD? 'Manager' field in AD is path to user profile. I think it would be possible to write some code which will extract name of manager in Znuny and correlate it with particular user in AD. I would then retrieve manager mail and send email with two buttons if he accepts request or not. These buttons would make necessary changes in database and pass on ticket to relevant queue. What do you think of this solution? Is it doable?

Regarding 3:
Thank you, so migration from MariaDB to MySQL won't be a problem. Migration is needed because in Microsoft Power Apps I can only choose MySQL as data source and connection to MariaDB is not possible.

Question 4:
I have another problem. I have a survey with two questions. In the first question I have a list (radio) with ratings from 1 to 6. The second question is a text area. Is it possible to add a dependency that if the value of the first question is less than or equal to 3, then the text area question is mandatory and there must be a minimum of 40 characters in it?

Best regards,
Jakub