SET UP High Availability OTRS on AWS

Moderator: crythias

beatrixmartin
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.5.3

SET UP High Availability OTRS on AWS

Post by beatrixmartin »

Good day!

I have a few OTRS instances running on AWS, and I'm facing a performance issue on the database.

After some troubleshooting, the issue is the article storage (Kernel::System::Ticket::Article::Backend::MIMEBase), which we set to the database and not the Filesystem.

So I'm considering this change, but I'm trying to figure out if the EFS or EBS would be the best storage for larger setups as EBS is faster, but EFS is more fault tolerant (as replicates between AZs).

Does anyone have experience with setting UP a High Available OTRS on AWS?

Thanks in advance!
wurzel
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: x.x.x

Re: SET UP High Availability OTRS on AWS

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

If you are talking about OTRS there is no actual option onPremise or in AWS for HA or HP clustering.

If you are talking about Znuny I assume, you may not get it running without znuny professionals as the basics are the same as OTRS.
I remember setting up OTRS5 or 6 with management servers, load balancers, application servers but there was always issues with apache-perl chaching or general cachings. It was/is fast but it was real phyiscal servers, no virtualisation.

So I assume, if you do not find a znuny expert... it might be very complicated :(

In modern data centers there might be a good choice to use virtualisation high performance technices?

Flo
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)
OTRS 8 auf Debian 11 (Test)
Znuny 7.x latest version testing auf Debian 11

-- Ich beantworte keine Forums-Fragen PN - No PN please

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.