Upgrade to OTRS 6.0.30, search not working

Moderator: crythias

MomentoJams
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.30

Upgrade to OTRS 6.0.30, search not working

Post by MomentoJams »

Hi,

I have been testing an upgrade from a very old version of OTRS (3.2.9) to OTRS 6.0.30. The upgrade runs without problems, and I'm able to view tickets and reply to them (although at this point the daemon is not running, as I don't want the test installation to fetch mail), but search always returns empty results.

I have looked in Admin > System Log, but there are no messages in there. Where should I look next to try and diagnose the issue?

Thanks,
James.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Upgrade to OTRS 6.0.30, search not working

Post by root »

MomentoJams wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 07:32 I have been testing an upgrade from a very old version of OTRS (3.2.9) to OTRS 6.0.30. The upgrade runs without problems, and I'm able to view tickets and reply to them (although at this point the daemon is not running, as I don't want the test installation to fetch mail), but search always returns empty results.

I have looked in Admin > System Log, but there are no messages in there. Where should I look next to try and diagnose the issue?
Hello James,

If you test the upgrade two things are at least necessary: prevent fetching/receiving and sending e-mails.
To prevent fetching the email I delete all entries from the table mail_account. To prevent sending e-mails place this line to Kernel/Config.pm:

Code: Select all

$Self->{'SendmailModule'} =  'Kernel::System::Email::DoNotSendEmail';
You need the daemon for indexing to get the search working.

As a recommendation: you should use Znuny LTS 6.0.33 since the Community Edition of OTRS is not maintained anymore by the original vendor and contains security issues. It's just a new name and works as an in-place replacement. For more details see https://www.znuny.org/why

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
MomentoJams
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.30

Re: Upgrade to OTRS 6.0.30, search not working

Post by MomentoJams »

MomentoJams wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 07:32 To prevent fetching the email I delete all entries from the table mail_account. To prevent sending e-mails place this line to Kernel/Config.pm:
Thanks, I've done that and am running the daemon now, and I can see search results. Thank you.

I will switch over to using Znuny at some point soon too.