(external) Reporting breaks when updating contact information

Moderator: crythias

finalbeta
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.1.1.1.1

(external) Reporting breaks when updating contact information

Post by finalbeta »

Hi everyone.

I'm using an external tool to report on time spend on tickets. I want to report on closed tickets.
At the moment I'm using the ticket table and the change_time and the ticket_state_id field to determine when tickets where closed.

I've noticed that when updating the customer user the ticket is logged on. (let's say I update his mail address). All tickets's change_time for that user is updated. This ofcourse completely breaks my reporting.
So my question is, what fields should I be using to report on closed tickets?
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: (external) Reporting breaks when updating contact information

Post by root »

finalbeta wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 09:22 Hi everyone.

I'm using an external tool to report on time spend on tickets. I want to report on closed tickets.
At the moment I'm using the ticket table and the change_time and the ticket_state_id field to determine when tickets where closed.

I've noticed that when updating the customer user the ticket is logged on. (let's say I update his mail address). All tickets's change_time for that user is updated. This ofcourse completely breaks my reporting.
So my question is, what fields should I be using to report on closed tickets?

Hi,

TL;DR: use the built-in functionality if it's time related

The closed time and other time related information are calculated when report is generated on the fly, based on the configuration like SLA, calendars, etc. You can try to fiddle the date from the ticket history and the calendar (at least in version 6 availbale via database in YAML format) or pull a ticket list wiith the needed values and service this data to your ticket tool.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
finalbeta
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.1.1.1.1

Re: (external) Reporting breaks when updating contact information

Post by finalbeta »

I managed to use the last ticket changes, and scan for the last date for every ticket in that. So that's a working fix for me. (I can't use OTRS reporting, not handy for BI tools)