Moderator: crythias

Cucharilla
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 7.0.0
Company: Arts Alliance Media

Connecting OTRS DB to Power BI using SSL

Post by Cucharilla »

Hi,

I previously managed to get Power BI to query our DB however it has subsequently broken. I now always get a 'credentials error'. Credentials are fine as I test connection to the DB using MySQL Workbench. Now there is definitely a bug with MySQL Connector 8.0.17 so i've only installed 8.0.15 so that's fine. It appears to be something to do with the way Power BI checks the certs on my computer as when we remove the cert requirements for the DB and just use a username and password it connects fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom
IslandBoy7
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0

Re: Connecting OTRS DB to Power BI using SSL

Post by IslandBoy7 »

Hi there, we also user OTRS as our Ticket System. Well am very new to Power BI and I would really like that Power BI generates Report from our OTRS Ticket System. Can you please explain me how to do that?

Thx in advance.

Kind Rgds
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Connecting OTRS DB to Power BI using SSL

Post by root »

IslandBoy7 wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 11:28 Hi there, we also user OTRS as our Ticket System. Well am very new to Power BI and I would really like that Power BI generates Report from our OTRS Ticket System. Can you please explain me how to do that?
Hi,

Connecting an external tool to the application database is not really OTRS related. Did you checked the Power BI manual how to use an SQL database as a source?

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?