Unlocking a ticket when Transferring to a new Owner?

Moderator: crythias

MHCDdave
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.18

Unlocking a ticket when Transferring to a new Owner?

Post by MHCDdave »

Hi Folks,

We've been using OTRS for a few months now and it's been an awesome piece of software but I'm having one problem that's still kind of irking me. We have teams assigned to specific queues. If I log a call to a queue of which I am a member, it automatically marks me as owner and locks the ticket. Which is desired behaviour in many cases, but not always. Sometimes I want the call to go into the general pool of available tickets to allow the first available technician to claim it. I can change the owner from me to the default ticket owner of "Admin OTRS" but then it just keeps the ticket locked to Admin OTRS and won't put it back in the available pool. I also can't unlock it unless I change the owner back to me, but that still signals that i've claimed that call since I'm listed as the owner. Currently we're not using the responsible agent feature mainly because, for our small team it seems redundant. In 99% of the cases the owner will be the one responsible for completion of the ticket, and follow-up with the client and all that jazz. We just don't have enough service desk people to properly use them as the go-between for our clients and techs. I have found that if I use the bulk action I can unlock a ticket that doesn't belong to me, but that's not exactly an efficient way of doing it. To do that I have to log the ticket from the new phone ticket form, then move to queue view and find my queue, then hunt up the specific call I was trying to log, then click the check box, then bulk actions, and then make sure it's set to unlock tickets. That's a lot of steps to essentially unlock someone else's ticket. Which I can understand is probably not something you'd want happening by default but does seem like it could be a configuration change that I just can't seem to find.

So, to summarise I want to be able to log a ticket to a queue without being listed as owner, or if that's not possible, be able to unlock a ticket that I've assigned to a different owner.

If neither of those options are possible, we can probably handle it via process to some extent, but we're going to miss stuff occasionally that way. I'd rather find a system way of handling it.
OTRS 6.18
fcasal
Znuny wizard
Znuny Version: 6.0.18

Re: Unlocking a ticket when Transferring to a new Owner?

Post by fcasal »

Hi.

You can use ForceOwnerResetOnMove, it Resets and unlocks the owner of a ticket if it was moved to another queue.

Regards.