Use child ticket value for parent ticket

Moderator: crythias

drodralv
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 5.0.28

Use child ticket value for parent ticket

Post by drodralv »

Hello,

I would like to know whether will be possible for a child ticket to set a value somewhere that will be visible for the parent ticket or at least when the next child ticket will be created.

For example in the first child ticket, the owner will be setting a dynamic field value somehow to "112233" and then, the next child ticket to be created as transition action, will contain that dynamic field value somewhere, maybe even as subject for the ticket.

Do you have any idea for that? It´s a process where different transitions create child tickets for other teams perform some related configuration, so will be helpful if a fresh child ticket uses an old child ticket information.

Thank you!
wurzel
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: x.x.x

Re: Use child ticket value for parent ticket

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

transistion actions can inherit values.
Check the docs.
https://doc.otrs.com/doc/manual/admin/6 ... 1.7.3.4.18

additional functions for "communicating between tickets" needs local webservices AFAIK.

Flo
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)
OTRS 8 auf Debian 11 (Test)
Znuny 7.x latest version testing auf Debian 11

-- Ich beantworte keine Forums-Fragen PN - No PN please

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Use child ticket value for parent ticket

Post by root »

drodralv wrote: 28 Oct 2019, 17:34 I would like to know whether will be possible for a child ticket to set a value somewhere that will be visible for the parent ticket or at least when the next child ticket will be created.
Hi,

AFAIK, thhis is possible with commercial add-ons.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?