AutoChange Status by owner

Moderator: crythias

btinoco
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS6

AutoChange Status by owner

Post by btinoco »

Today my questions are easy,

I named de root user of OTRS as Unassigned, so when there is a new ticket we can see if nobody is the owner.

Here I found two problems:
- The first one is that the state of the ticket changes to Open in the moment somebody interacts with it, it doesn't matters if it is the owner or the customer who do it (an article, change the owner...). My agents don't see the ticket because they don't look for it if it is not new.

- The second one is that sometimes they assign the tickets to themselves but later the ticket is not for them, they have to set as unassigned again and in that moment the ticket state is Open, not new...

So my questions:
- Is there any way we can automatically change the state to NEW when we change the owner to "Unassigned"?
- Can we make the ticket always NEW if the owner is Unassigned? Something like If owner Unassigned then state new.

Thank you so much for your help!!
zzz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: All
Company: Efflux GmbH

Re: AutoChange Status by owner

Post by zzz »

Hello,

Why don't your agents work on tickets with the state open? You can do what you're asking for with the generic agent but telling your agents to work on every ticket that is not closed or pending is the way to go.

The dashboard offers a lot of widgets to show all tickets that need work.

Best regards
Emin
Professional OTRS, Znuny & OTOBO services: efflux.de | efflux.de/en/

Free and premium add-ons: German | English
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Just as an aside, I have a scheduled Generic Agent that checks every 10 minutes if a non-closed ticket has an owner of Admin Root (Unassigned) and sets the state to New and the ticket to unlock so if someone wants to "release" the ticket, they don't really have to do much besides change the owner to Admin Root and wait ...
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
btinoco
Znuny newbie

Post by btinoco »

zzz wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 11:11 Hello,

Why don't your agents work on tickets with the state open? You can do what you're asking for with the generic agent but telling your agents to work on every ticket that is not closed or pending is the way to go.

The dashboard offers a lot of widgets to show all tickets that need work.

Best regards
Emin

it is not easy to make them understand it :?
btinoco
Znuny newbie

Post by btinoco »

crythias wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 19:24 Just as an aside, I have a scheduled Generic Agent that checks every 10 minutes if a non-closed ticket has an owner of Admin Root (Unassigned) and sets the state to New and the ticket to unlock so if someone wants to "release" the ticket, they don't really have to do much besides change the owner to Admin Root and wait ...
Could you explain to me how to do that, or some tutorial. Thank you so much for your answer!
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Add a Generic Agent.
Give it a Job Name
Optional: schedule it with Automatic execution (cleanup multiple tickets) or use Event based execution (instant/one ticket)
Automatic execution - select all the times and days.
Event based - Ticket OwnerUpdate

Select tickets where the Owner is Admin OTRS and the state is Open

Update/Add Ticket Attributes:
Set new state: new
Set new ticket lock: unlock
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask