Character limit while sending an email to OTRS occured a line break

Moderator: crythias

drodralv
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 5.0.28

Character limit while sending an email to OTRS occured a line break

Post by drodralv »

Hi!

While sending an email to OTRS, we add some tags so the mail incoming filter is setting up accordingly some queues and services for the ticket.

Whenever the whole line is very long, about 78 characters, the line breaks so the OTRS is not reading properly the service (in this case, sometimes also queue) and is not assigning the real service properly to the ticket.

Are you aware to such a limit? When we see the autoreply email from OTRS, the line breaks the service.

I tried replacing spaces for underscore and it works. For example the service would be "USER ACCOUNT COMPLIANCE" so i replaced it by "USER_ACCOUNT_COMPLIANCE" and even if the line is 78 characters long, OTRS is reading properly the service.

Could you help me with this? I would like to know if will be any other solution than creating new services and whole impact that may have as the services are being used now in Production.

Thanks!
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Character limit while sending an email to OTRS occured a line break

Post by root »

Hi,

I recommend using X-OTRS-Header or the GenericInterface. This is should be easier to handle and nothing is related to the subject of an e-mail.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
drodralv
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 5.0.28

Post by drodralv »

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

We are using the body of the email to filter the tags ## and then set that value found as X-OTRS-Queue or whatever we want to.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

Hi,

You are aware that you can set the X-OTRS-* header outside of OTRS? There is no need to do this with a PostMaster filter.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?