Moderator: crythias

sgshp
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.5
Company: SGS Griep Meerwinck GmbH

Position the complex linked object widget at the top of the page

Post by sgshp »

Hello,

we found that while you are viewing a ticket, the simple linked object widget was not showing enough information (only the ticket number) and we found out that we could change this in the admin settings. Under "LinkObject::ViewMode" we changed it to complex and now it shows a lot more information which is exactly what we wanted.

The only problem is that it is positioned below all articles. We would like to be able to access linked tickets quickly and the more articles a ticket has the longer it takes to get to the linked tickets. Is there any way to change the position of the linked object widget so that we can put it above the article overview? So that we have:

1. linked object widget
2. article overview
3. all the articles

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
zzz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: All
Company: Efflux GmbH

Re: Position the complex linked object widget at the top of the page

Post by zzz »

Hello Heiko,

try to move this block (untested) https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-6 ... om.tt#L283

An alternative would be to move the widget with JavaScript (less hassle, but the the item would move after the page is completly loaded, which will look ugly).

Best regards
Emin
Professional OTRS, Znuny & OTOBO services: efflux.de | efflux.de/en/

Free and premium add-ons: German | English
sgshp
Znuny newbie

Post by sgshp »

Hello Emin,

thank you for the quick answer. I was trying to test this out with a colleague of mine but unfortunately we weren't quite sure what to do. We are both very inexperienced with JavaScript.

It looks like the code you posted generates the widgets (ticket information widget, customer information widget as well as linked object widget I am assuming?) but the order there should not interfere with the order of the article overview right?

Here's an edited screenshot of our OTRS that showcases what we are currently trying to achieve:

If possible, could you explain to us a bit more what we need to change to get this result?

Again, thank you very much for your help so far!
sgshp
Znuny newbie

Post by sgshp »

Nevermind my reply. We misunderstood your post. We now moved that block above the article tree and we got the order we wanted. Thank you very much.