24h email

Moderator: crythias

CreatiXx
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.16

24h email

Post by CreatiXx »

Hi guy's

I am kinda new to OTRS but i am looking for certain feature of which i am pretty sure it exists among OTRS but cannot seem to find what it might be.
At the moment we send an autoresponse to every single new ticket that gets made. This we would like to keep.
Above that we would like to send our customers a secondary email after 24 hours IF we have not responded yet to give them a heads up with a new text.

Now i cannot seem to find how to do that last one. If some one could help me point out the right direction, that would be awesome!

At this point we are running OTRS 5.0.16

Thanks in advance!

GrtZ
CreatiXx
Last edited by CreatiXx on 31 Jul 2019, 10:44, edited 1 time in total.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: 24h email

Post by root »

Hi,
  • Create a dynamic field text
  • Enable Ticket::EventModulePost###9600-TicketDynamicFieldDefault
  • Configure Ticket::TicketDynamicFieldDefault###Element1 (or a free one) to set the dynamic field to the value 1
  • Create a generic agent with a schedule like every hour to check for tickets with state new, the dynamic field value 1 and create date > 1 day, action: set the dynamic field to 2
    [*}Create a ticket notification triggered by the updating the dynamic field and the ticket filter to match the state and value of the dynamic field (2)
  • Create another generic agent to set the dynamic field to 3 if the anything what you like changes on the ticket like state, ArticleCreate, etc. - just to skip the 24 hour notification
not tested, just my 2 cents.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
CreatiXx
Znuny newbie

Post by CreatiXx »

Hey thanks Roy for the help.

I wasnt really sure that i would be able to get that with DynamicFields.
I'll get into it and try out!
CreatiXx
Znuny newbie

Post by CreatiXx »

Hi Roy,

Could it be possible that "Ticket::EventModulePost###9600-TicketDynamicFieldDefault" is not available in OTRS 5?

I cannot seem to find it and the only documentation i can find on it talks about OTRS 6?
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

Hi,

It's Ticket::EventModulePost###TicketDynamicFieldDefault in OTRS 5. Just could also use the search for DynamicFieldDefault ;-)

SysConfig group Ticket, sub group Core::TicketDynamicFieldDefault

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
CreatiXx
Znuny newbie

Post by CreatiXx »

ouh alright thanks, i might have clinged to hard on the "EventModulePost###9600" ^^
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Alternatively (?) a queue that holds after hours new tickets with the appropriate notification.
Untested. Postmaster Filter may be necessary.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
CreatiXx
Znuny newbie

Post by CreatiXx »

Well the thought behind it is that we want to inform our customers with a message like "sorry we were not able to get back to you within 24h, it is busier then usual " kind of message.
This happens from time to time and we would like to have the option to be able to use this.