Distribution of incoming and outgoing email to group members

Moderator: crythias

simayosi
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.17

Distribution of incoming and outgoing email to group members

Post by simayosi »

I'm a newbie to OTRS.
I have a question about email-based use of OTRS. It might be a FAQ, but I could not find a way.

How can I configure OTRS to distribute incoming email for a queue to members of the corresponding group with inserting the ticket number into the subject of the email like as reply messages to customers from OTRS, not to notify to the members?
How to distribute outgoing email similarly?

I want to use OTRS for a help desk and to share inquiry email among help desk members and reply to it with email client software, for replacing a current mailing list address of the help desk.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Distribution of incoming and outgoing email to group members

Post by crythias »

incoming: notifications enabled for the queues of which the agents are members of.
Outgoing: Generally it's not recommended for agents to reply via email.

OTRS Business Edition supports it, but the community version is based around agents using the web interface to manage tickets.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
simayosi
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.17

Re: Distribution of incoming and outgoing email to group members

Post by simayosi »

Thanks for your reply.
What I wanted was forwarding incoming email with its mail body to reply via email, not as notifications.
However, it's not recommended. Then, I'll reconsider our plan.