[SOLVED] Non admin user gets internal server error when clicking on Customer Information Center Search

Moderator: crythias

JDavis
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.16
Company: USNR

[SOLVED] Non admin user gets internal server error when clicking on Customer Information Center Search

Post by JDavis »

I am using Ubuntu 18.04 OTRS 6.0.16 and mariadb 10

see graphics below and the server error message at end of the post
Customer Information Center Search
cic.png
When a non admin user clicks on this link the pop up comes up to enter criteria and then the user gets an internal server error.

The same error occurs for a non admin user if they open up the Customer User Information Center and click on one of the Customer IDs in the overview. Some of our customer_ids include a dash in the id (example: aaa-aaaaaa) but this doesn't present a problem anywhere in the system that I can tell, but by the error message maybe some call to a specific section has different coding for admins and users ?
cic2.PNG
Any help on this would be appreciated.
Can anyone tell me how to solve this ? I have tried giving the various module registrations to both admin and users (which is the group the others belong to) but it does not seem to have solved the issue.

The internal Server error:
ERROR: OTRS-CGI-59 Perl: 5.26.1 OS: linux Time: Tue Mar 5 00:39:13 2019

Message: No such dynamic field "TicketCalendarEndTime" (or it is inactive)

RemoteAddress: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
RequestURI: /otrs/index.pl?

Traceback (1562):
Module: Kernel::System::Ticket::TicketSearch::TicketSearch Line: 1548
Module: Kernel::Output::HTML::Dashboard::EventsTicketCalendar::Run Line: 124
Module: Kernel::Modules::AgentDashboardCommon::_Element Line: 983
Module: Kernel::Modules::AgentDashboardCommon::Run Line: 610
Module: Kernel::System::Web::InterfaceAgent::Run Line: 1116
Module: ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::Registry::opt_otrs_bin_cgi_2dbin_index_2epl::handler Line: 38
Module: (eval) (v1.99) Line: 207
Module: ModPerl::RegistryCooker::run (v1.99) Line: 207
Module: ModPerl::RegistryCooker::default_handler (v1.99) Line: 173
Module: ModPerl::Registry::handler (v1.99) Line: 32

[Tue Mar 5 00:39:39 2019] -e: Argument "{"Columns":{"Created":0,"Custome..." isn't numeric in division (/) at /opt/otrs/Kernel/Output/HTML/Layout.pm line 2657.
[Tue Mar 05 00:39:39.754553 2019] [:error] [pid 1561:tid 140487523018496] Illegal division by zero at /opt/otrs/Kernel/Output/HTML/Layout.pm line 2657.\n
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JDavis on 13 Mar 2019, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
fcasal
Znuny wizard
Znuny Version: 6.0.18

Re: Non admin user gets internal server error when clicking on Customer Information Center Search

Post by fcasal »

Perhaps you need to check that option:
otrscalendar.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JDavis
Znuny newbie

Re: Non admin user gets internal server error when clicking on Customer Information Center Search

Post by JDavis »

I fixed the calendar issue and a config.pm issue but non admin users still get the internal server error. :(

The apache error log has two lines:
[Tue Mar 5 19:07:58 2019] -e: Argument "{"Columns":{"Created":0,"Custome..." isn't numeric in division (/) at /opt/otrs/Kernel/Output/HTML/Layout.pm line 2657.
[Tue Mar 05 19:07:58.139874 2019] [:error] [pid 21568:tid 139625553159936] Illegal division by zero at /opt/otrs/Kernel/Output/HTML/Layout.pm line 2657.\n

I have not done any modifications to this file and not sure what is happening as why non admin users get this error and admins do not.
I have attached the Layout.pm file renamed as Layout.txt
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

Hi,

Are there any other modifications you have made?

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
JDavis
Znuny newbie

Post by JDavis »

I removed completely the otrs installation and folders
I removed completely the apache installation and folders
I reinstalled all necessary PERL modules from CPAN
I reinstalled apache2
I reinstalled otrs with a brand new fresh database
I manually scripted over all data to the new fresh database
I went through every system configuration option and reset each one that we use (just over 200)
Still some users had the internal server error
In the end I removed (existing) user preferences for the Calendar that displays on the dashboard AND I disabled that calendar widget.
Something in the calendar/preferences was causing the issue and causing an internal server error for those users.

We use the appointment calendar on the side bar and that seems to work fine.
So after 4 days of reinstalling all is working again for ALL users and the issue seemed to be user permissions on the ticket calendar as well as the calendar being active.
-- at a later date I might try and figure out the other calendar/user permission issue but as we are not using feature, it Is not high on the list and I won't let any other admin make it active again.