Migration from Server to Server with OTRS 6.0.x

Moderator: crythias

unkheq
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.16

Migration from Server to Server with OTRS 6.0.x

Post by unkheq »

Hello, I've been strugling with this one a bit, i am trying to move OTRS database/fullbackup to other instance of OTRS, source 6.0.x on ubuntu -> destination 6.0.16 on debian.
The whole process is going OK i think, but whenever i import database after logging in into OTRS there is constant "OTRS Daemon is not running!" thou it is running with no errors, no entries in logs.
Daemon normally reacts to tasks and other functions.
The only difference is that on Ubunutu we have MySQL and on Debian we have MariaDB.
I will try to create new VM and test it on MySQL server ASAP, but i dont think this one is the culprit.

So my question is, is there anyway to fix Daemon "error"? And whats the good way to migrate from same version OTRS to new enviroment?

Thanks for help in advance
A. W.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Migration from Server to Server with OTRS 6.0.x

Post by root »

Hi,

Check the manual regarding cron jobs. There is on cron job which checks every 5 minutes for a running daemon and start the daemon if needed.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
unkheq
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.16

Re: Migration from Server to Server with OTRS 6.0.x

Post by unkheq »

Hello,

Thanks for guiding me into cron jobs i totally forgot about it...
After some testing and experimating there was problem with restore.pl, somehow some files went missing and tons of erros came up from daemon, after 5-6VM's later i got it working, probably old server permisions were wrong...

So the problem is Solved and i still am not sure for 100% how but well tested 3times and works fine now.
Thanks again!

A. W.