Changing ticket service from ticket view

Moderator: crythias

btinoco
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS6

Changing ticket service from ticket view

Post by btinoco »

Hi all!!

First of all thanks so much for the help I found till now in this forum.

In my company we use to use Spiceworks but now we need different queues and departments so we move to OTRS.

In our case we use to tag the ticket with category and service where:
- Category is the type of the ticket (logs, maintenance, incidence, asking for permissions, new development) - > We resolved this with ticket type in OTRS
- Service is the campaign we are working for. One enterprise that contract us have different services for example, if we are talking about a bank is possible that we have credit cards, accounts, customer support (for clients who call us to solve some problem). This tickets are open for persons who works in our company and may control 3 o more services, and one service can be controlled by diferent persons. So the customer part is not usable for us.

In this case we need to configure that one person in our company could be able to open a tiket for diferent services, and sometimes they only send a mail to our queue and we process it.

By the known I have till now I can change the type of the ticket from ticket view but not the service.

Will you recomend something to handle the tickets as we use to do before?

Can we change in anyway the service from ticket view?

Can we create a category field for all the tickets?

Thanks for your help I'm blocked now about how to handle this.
RStraub
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: 6.0.14

Re: Changing ticket service from ticket view

Post by RStraub »

When you are talking of "service" don't get that confused with what OTRS understands under a service: The possibility to attach Service-Level-Agreements and corresponding reaction times.

From what I gather, all you need is another dropdown field where you can select a certain value like 'credit cards' or 'service accounts'.

If a ticket with such a "service" is managed by a different team, I would suggest to use queues. If you have a team that handles all tickets, regardless of the "service" you can create a dynamic field.

Dynamic can be shown in multiple screens, like when you add a note or on the "free fields" screen.

If you want to take this a step further, you can create a process where you are completly free to change the workflow and the available fields.
Currently using: OTRS 6.0.14 -- MariaDB -- Ubuntu 16 LTS
btinoco
Znuny newbie

Post by btinoco »

I did! thank u so much and sorry for the late answer!
btinoco
Znuny newbie

Post by btinoco »

I did! thank u so much and sorry for the late answer!