Outbound mail customization

Moderator: crythias

loadinc
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.140

Outbound mail customization

Post by loadinc »

Hi,
I have been testing OTRS community for sometime now. However I have run into an issue that i can't seem to find a solution to. I'm trying to change the look of outbound emails to match the ones of generated notifications (generated by default.tt).
However i can't seem to find anywhere to do this. When adding templates if I add any CSS code in there it get's striped when i save.

What's the best way to do this?

Thankms
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Outbound mail customization

Post by root »

Hi,

Add your own template by adding a custom .tt file into the folder Kernel/Output/HTML/Templates/Standard/NotificationEvent/Email.
[% Data.Subject | html %] and [% Data.Body ... %] are the placehoders for subject and body. Check the manual of Template Toolkit to learn about modifier.

Good luck!

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
loadinc
Znuny newbie

Post by loadinc »

Roy,
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I already have that in place for notifications and the modified default.tt is being picked up, but can the same logic be applied by emails sent via the ticket compose window? (AgentTicketCompose)
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

loadinc wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 22:27 Roy,
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I already have that in place for notifications and the modified default.tt is being picked up, but can the same logic be applied by emails sent via the ticket compose window? (AgentTicketCompose)
No, AgentTicketCompose does not use the notification templates, that's much harder to adjust.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
loadinc
Znuny newbie

Post by loadinc »

Is there any kind of documentation on how that can be adjusted?