How to properly use X-OTRS-Priority email header?

Moderator: crythias

mluck94
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5s Free

How to properly use X-OTRS-Priority email header?

Post by mluck94 »

I’m new to the OTRS system, I have set up forms for employees at the company I work at to use to send tickets in through PHP mail() function. Currently it just uses the X-OTRS-Queue header, but I want to add a special “High priority” ticket form for emergencies. I added “X-OTRS-Priority:5” to the email header list and nothing happens, tickets still get logged as 3 normal. Am I missing something here? I also tried “X-OTRS-Priority:5 very high” and that doesn’t do anything either. Thanks.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: How to properly use X-OTRS-Priority email header?

Post by root »

Hi,

I suggest your mail are pulled from a pop3/imap account. Did you configure trusted tp yes on the account? If you're using the procmail method check your .procmailrc, the first recipe removes (for security reasons) every X-OTRS-* header.

The value of your header needs to be the name of the priority, e.g. 5 very high

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
mluck94
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5s Free

Re: How to properly use X-OTRS-Priority email header?

Post by mluck94 »

I’m pretty sure it just uses a regular mail account (otrs wasn’t originally set up by me). I’m not sure if it’s set to trusted, I’ll have to check that sometime next week. What typical reasons would cause X-OTRS-Queue work fine but not X-OTRS-Priority? Is there a way to enable just the Priority header? I don’t need access to every X-OTRS-* header, setting it to trusted seems like launching a nuke since it opens up every single header which could be a security risk.