Moderator: crythias

mdequidt
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: v6.0.5
Company: Ifremer

Ticket client not properly set

Post by mdequidt »

Hello everybody,

I recently migrated from an old ticket management system, to OTRS, and am currently facing a strange behavior on a few identified tickets & clients :
all my client are listed in LDAP, and each new mail ticket is created by mapping the "from" address to the email of one of our client in our LDAP. So far, so good.

But two specific addresses, instead of being LDAP-queried as "client@domain", are being queried as "client@olddomain", where olddomain is a irrelevant domain name that we used to have for these two addresses.

Since I haven't found any trace of "client@olddomain" anywhere, may it be on our ldap, on otrs database, or on otrs filesystem, my only guess would be that during our migration process, when I imported our ticket history via the REST API, a trace of this "olddomain" got stuck somewhere (I rewrote all old tickets with client : "client@olddomain" so that it would be LDAP-compliant). Would you have any idea of where I should look for such traces ?

At first, I thought creating a generic agent to rewrite tickets at creation would be enough to solve the issue, but it turns out the generic agent operates after the ticket creation notification has been sent... and in that case, the sending fails, since "olddomain" doesn't exist. Which means our two clients don't get notifications anymore.
mdequidt
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: v6.0.5
Company: Ifremer

Re: Ticket client not properly set

Post by mdequidt »

Problem solved, sorry for the inconvenience.
It turns out the issue was outside of otrs. A very old routine in a deep, dark corner of my infrasctructure was modifying the emails to rewrite the from address.

This topic should be deleted.