Dynamic field in a notification email

Moderator: crythias

christianclavet
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: Community
Company: Tact Group

Dynamic field in a notification email

Post by christianclavet »

Hi, I have seen a feature in the notification configuration I would like to use, but it seem limited to specific dynamic field type or something else I've not set properly.

In the notification method panel there is an option to have supplementary email address and there is a hint about using a TAG:
You can use OTRS-tags like <OTRS_TICKET_DynamicField_...> to insert values from the current ticket.
I tried to use this <OTRS_TICKET_DynamicField_agentEmails>

agentEmails is a dynamic field of type ticket - multiselect, as I would like to select agents to have their email added. The field is set in a process ticket.

This would allow to keep theses agents informed about the ticket process even if they don't have a full access to the queue. But right now, I don't see the notification going out. (By checking the ticket history)
----------------------------------------------
OTRS Community 6.0.11
Debian 9.0

MariaDB
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Dynamic field in a notification email

Post by root »

Hi,

You have to keep in mind that for dropdown/multi select fields the keys are replace when using <OTRS_TICKET_DynamicField_*> and the values when you use <OTRS_TICKET_DynamicField_*_Value>. Multiple values are separated by , that's fine.

Did you tried to check the values bu using the tag in the body of a ticket notification?

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
christianclavet
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: Community
Company: Tact Group

Re: Dynamic field in a notification email

Post by christianclavet »

Hi!

For the dynamic field: I've put the email address in the key, and the display name in the value.
So <OTRS_TICKET_DynamicField_agentEmails> display the name of the agent in the process ticket, and should return the email address when queried, as the tag should give the key and not the value.

I will try to put the same tag in the message to see what is coming out of it. That's a good idea! Thanks!
EDIT: I've put the tag in the message and I've selected 2 agents in the list. Got the 2 agents emails in the message, but it did not send the notification to those agents (from the ticket history)

Edit2: Found something in the config that could help. A feature almost replicate what I want to do:

Code: Select all

Ticket::Frontend::AgentTicketNote###InformAgent
But I would only like to have it on process ticket. Because in certain cases, it's not might not be good to able to "inform" other agents.
----------------------------------------------
OTRS Community 6.0.11
Debian 9.0

MariaDB