OTRS site served from all my subdomains

Moderator: crythias

daveybops
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS6.0

OTRS site served from all my subdomains

Post by daveybops »

I was sure I had found the solution while searching this site a couple of weeks ago, and now that I want to apply it, I can't find it again!
I host a few sites from my VPS on OVH; wordpress on www.mysite.com PHPMyAdmin on phpma.mysite.com NextCloud on nc.mysite.com and otrs on otrs.mysite.com/otrs/

However, otrs is available on all my sites. I can go to anysubdomain.mysite.com/otrs/ and the otrs interface is displayed instead of 404 Not Found. I want it to be served only from otrs.mysite.com/otrs/
I followed the install-from-source instructions for Debian/Ubuntu in the OTRS 6 instruction manual. I suspect something needs to be done to zzz_otrs.conf in /etc/apache2/sites-available/

Note that otrs.mysite.com/index.html forwards to otrs.mysite.com/otrs/index.pl and SSL is enabled via Lets-Encrypt using their app certbot. For this, I have simple config files otrs.conf and otrs-le-ssl.conf with the virtual server and ServerName settings applied. Should the contents of zzz_otrs.conf be somehow merged with otrs.conf and otrs-le-sl.conf

Ubuntu 18.04, 1 Core Xeon, 4GB RAM, SSD.

Any assitance, greatly appreciated.
OTRS 6.0.x on Ubuntu 18.04 on physical hardware with MySql
christianclavet
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: Community
Company: Tact Group

Re: OTRS site served from all my subdomains

Post by christianclavet »

Hi, I think you would need to check how to map subdomain to a url with Apache instead and check the OTRS definition that is created there when you install OTRS.

I've done a quick search on google and you could check this one:
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/ ... -directory
This will show you how to map a subdomain to a local directory. Check how the configuration of OTRS and done, you will need to create a definition for each of your subdomain and disable the the one generated by OTRS.
----------------------------------------------
OTRS Community 6.0.11
Debian 9.0

MariaDB