Moderator: crythias

jasonm
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.6
Company: Cathexis Technologies

OTRS Agent notifications stopped to work

Post by jasonm »

Hi Guys

I am running OTRS 6.0.6 and my Agent notifications have stopped to work. I have not made any changes to the configuration.

The Ticket message history indicates the messages have gone out. My mail server has no record of the notifications or any failures.
I have checked the basics like the queues and ticket notification settings.

Not sure what else to check.
No errors in the communication logs.
System logs below:

Wed Oct 3 10:14:13 2018 error OTRS-CGI-10 No such dynamic field "TicketCalendarEndTime" (or it is inactive)
Wed Oct 3 10:05:35 2018 error OTRS-CGI-10 Unable to register the process in the database. Is another instance still running?
Wed Oct 3 10:03:17 2018 error OTRS-CGI-10 No such dynamic field "TicketCalendarEndTime" (or it is inactive)
Wed Oct 3 10:03:15 2018 error OTRS-CGI-10 No such dynamic field "TicketCalendarEndTime" (or it is inactive)
Wed Oct 3 10:03:15 2018 error OTRS-CGI-10 No such dynamic field "TicketCalendarEndTime" (or it is inactive)
Wed Oct 3 10:03:14 2018 error OTRS-CGI-10 No such dynamic field "TicketCalendarEndTime" (or it is inactive)
Wed Oct 3 10:02:52 2018 error OTRS-CGI-10 Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (111)
Wed Oct 3 10:02:52 2018 error OTRS-CGI-10 Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (111)

Kind regards
Jason
christianclavet
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: Community
Company: Tact Group

Re: OTRS Agent notifications stopped to work

Post by christianclavet »

Hi, I did have this problem before, while setting the email of the system, notification stopped at some point because the mailqueue was full, email were not sent because of errors with mail server and it filled the mail queue.

If that's the case, you would need to clear the mail queue from the console. You would need to go on the OTRS console and clear it.

The command is: bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::MailQueue --delete-all

For this message:
Wed Oct 3 10:14:13 2018 error OTRS-CGI-10 No such dynamic field "TicketCalendarEndTime"
OTRS is seeking for a Dynamic Field named: TicketCalendarEndTime probably used in the calendar but it's not defined.
To make it stop complaining, you should create a DATE/TIME dynamic field with that name, and you would probably need also TicketCalendarStartTime

Note: Can you check the connection with the DB? There are some messages that it's failing to communicate with it.
----------------------------------------------
OTRS Community 6.0.11
Debian 9.0

MariaDB
jasonm
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.6
Company: Cathexis Technologies

Re: OTRS Agent notifications stopped to work

Post by jasonm »

HI Christian

Problem has been resolved. Nothing wrong with OTRS.
I feel like a bit of a twit.

I found the issue. I have recently made public DNS changes to our domain, and added a second MX record, but I also changed the primary MX hostname to be mail1, as appose to mailer.

I forgot that OTRS uses sendmail to do a MX check on the domain, and then uses the MX record for delivery. So a proper MTA, and not via a defined SMTP address.
Because our mail server is sitting on the inside of our network, our firewall was not allowing the routing to go out and in again.
I fixed this by adding a local DNS lookup on the firewall for the two new mx hostnames to resolve to the local mail server address.

Kind regards
Jason