OTRS 6.0.10 - Customer User - Preferences error

Moderator: crythias

jpalo
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.10

OTRS 6.0.10 - Customer User - Preferences error

Post by jpalo »

Hi to all,
im very noob with this platform so i do not know if i am doing something wrong or i missed something in the installation or configuration.

The root of the problem is that i get an error when i go to the "Preferences" in the customer area (this is just a test environment, but i prefer to not install it).
Error:
Preferences.PNG
Error.PNG
Apache log:
Apache error.PNG
Im using: ubuntu 18.04 + MariaDB + Apache

Thank you for your help for accepting me into the community :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
christianclavet
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: Community
Company: Tact Group

Re: OTRS 6.0.10 - Customer User - Preferences error

Post by christianclavet »

Hi!

This is the customer frontend. Does it still work on the main frontend? Did you changed some of the files? Layout.pm seem to refer that the CustomerFrontend::Module is undefined/unavailable.

Have you executed the files privileges setup script? (bin/otrs.SetPermissions.pl)
----------------------------------------------
OTRS Community 6.0.11
Debian 9.0

MariaDB
jpalo
Znuny newbie

Post by jpalo »

Hi christianclavet, in advance i want to thank you for your time.

So:

Does it still work on the main frontend?: Yes it does. When i login as an Agent (/otrs/index.pl) the precerences work and show me all the menus (Change pssw, Avatar, Language, ecc)

Did you changed some of the files? Layout.pm: No, i only changed che dashboard color from the template
Other Frontend mods: turn off the "create new user" and "forgot password" from the customer login

Have you executed the files privileges setup script? (bin/otrs.SetPermissions.pl): Done, nothing changed

Installation guide: I noticed that in the installation guide said that i shoud run the command "a2enmod version", but i get this error: "ERROR: Module version does not exist!". Shoud be related?

Thank you again, have a nice day.
christianclavet
Znuny newbie

Hi, for the problem with the a2enmod issue you can check this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/385 ... -in-apache

Can you check this?:

Code: Select all

perl /opt/otrs/bin/otrs.CheckModules.pl
OTRS Community 6.0.11
Debian 9.0

MariaDB
jpalo
Znuny newbie

Post by jpalo »

Hi,
ty for the a2enmod issue, didnt know now is native on apache for Ubuntu.

Perl modules:
Moduli Perl.PNG
:? :shock: :(

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
christianclavet
Znuny newbie

Hi!
Humm. You seem to have all the required modules. It should work.

I would do a test with a blank barebone otrs to see if it's the DB data or the OTRS files that are causing this:

Here is the link to get the last version of OTRS
https://community.otrs.com/download-otr ... y-edition/

Based on the upgrade guide: https://doc.otrs.com/doc/manual/admin/6 ... ating.html
Start by doing a backup of your current installation. Stop the services and daemon. Rename your current OTRS folder. Extract the archive. Rename the extracted folder to /opt/otrs. Put back (copy from your old folder to the new) your Config.pm file, do the file privilege setup script (bin/otrs.SetPermissions.pl), and try it. Look at the upgrade guide for more detailed information on how to proceed.

If you still have the same issue (no extra modules should be there and active), then there is something in the DB, not in the OTRS files. After the test, just rename the folders.
OTRS Community 6.0.11
Debian 9.0

MariaDB
jpalo
Znuny newbie

Post by jpalo »

I'll be out ot office till next Wednesday. So when im back, i'll try the test and update you.

Thank for now sir.
jpalo
Znuny newbie

Post by jpalo »

Hi, im back! 8)

tried the test but i still get the same error. So the problem is in the db or maybe in the installation proccess.
If i go in ssh to my ubuntu and connect to the mysql, i can get the information for the user preferences, i guess that the problem is in the otrs module for the customer_preferences that cant connect to the db.... i guess.

Thank again.
christianclavet
Znuny newbie

Hi, If you can have the web interface, then MYSQL is functional. I'm pretty sure now it's an issue with the content of the "otrs" database inside mysql if you restored a backup. If there was nothing (no backup restored) then there something the installation. Perhaps file credential.

Do you have a lot of stuff in the db currently? I'm sorry, but I think you will need to start as new because if you restore the DB the problem will start again.

You might try to tamper with databases tables in mysql by deleting the customer users tables and putting it back from a "blank otrs installation" and putting back the users manually from the web interface (I had tons of tests users in a prototype that I was able to purge that way.), but you might have an unstable installation if something is missing. This is risky and there is not guarantee that it will work. If you think it work, check the log to be sure there is no errors.

You can check the tables named: customer_user_customer and group_customer_user in mysql.
OTRS Community 6.0.11
Debian 9.0

MariaDB
jpalo
Znuny newbie

Post by jpalo »

Hi,
just for update you, i did a new installation and importing just the old db and now is all working perfectly. I guess the problem was at some point in the otrs configuration files.

Now i just need to figure out if i can authenticate the users using Azure AD from Office 365.

Thank you for your help. :)
christianclavet
Znuny newbie

Cool. Thanks for updating your results. Might help somebody else!
OTRS Community 6.0.11
Debian 9.0

MariaDB