Moderator: crythias

AtomicEG
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.x.x.x
Company: xx

Ticket Reopen only if e-mail says yes

Post by AtomicEG »

Hi!

I want my users to be able to reopen a closed ticket by only replying "yes" to a specific e-mail that asks if they want to reopen it or not.

My thinking is this. Closed ticket > Customer sends e-mail to closed ticket > OTRS Auto-response: Do you want to reopen? > Customer: Yes > Ticket reopened > OTRS e-mail to customer and ticket owner: Ticket reopened.

I have set the follow up option for the queue to "reject" because i don't want the tickets to be reopened when a user replies "thanks" and i believe that is the reason my postmaster filter i created are not able to change information on a closed ticket. My basic postmaster filter for testing is set up like this.

Filter Condition
Body -> (Yes|yes)
Subject -> (test)

Set Email Headers
X-OTRS-FollowUp-DynamicField-TicketReopen -> Yes
X-OTRS-FollowUp-State -> open

This works if the ticket is in a state that is not closed and that is, what I believe, because of the "Follow up Option" is set to "Reject".

Is there something I can do to still keep the tickets closed when someone replies to a closed ticket and give them a choice if they want to reopen the ticket or not? We are using OTRS 6.

Regards
christianclavet
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: Community
Company: Tact Group

Re: Ticket Reopen only if e-mail says yes

Post by christianclavet »

Hi!
Is there something I can do to still keep the tickets closed when someone replies to a closed ticket and give them a choice if they want to reopen the ticket or not?
This would make your ticket status all closed. This can be done with the OTRS generic agent, but would make all your ticket in closed state. I don't think that it would be useful.

Have you tried only set the X-OTRS-STATE to OPEN instead in your postmaster rules? So if they say yes, it will directly change the state of the ticket to open.
----------------------------------------------
OTRS Community 6.0.11
Debian 9.0

MariaDB
AtomicEG
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.x.x.x
Company: xx

Post by AtomicEG »

Thanks for the reply!
Have you tried only set the X-OTRS-STATE to OPEN instead in your postmaster rules? So if they say yes, it will directly change the state of the ticket to open.
Yes i have tried this and i have also tried only using "X-OTRS-FollowUp-DynamicField-TicketReopen" in the postmaster filter but i get the same result. IT will not change if the ticket is in a closed state. Same goes if i only use "X-OTRS-DynamicField-TicketReopen".
christianclavet
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: Community
Company: Tact Group

Post by christianclavet »

Hi.

Ok, then if you set a dynamic field, you could use that field as a reference to set the ticket open by a generic agent?
I would check the state of the ticket (closed) and this dynamic field then change the state of the ticket to open...

You could check the event for this dynamic field change to trigger the check..
----------------------------------------------
OTRS Community 6.0.11
Debian 9.0

MariaDB