OTRS migration

Moderator: crythias

alextdt
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.26

OTRS migration

Post by alextdt »

Hello everyone. I need to move my OTRS installation to a new server, because the current one is on centos 6 and I cannot upgrade to OTRS 6 because of this. So, what exactly do I need to move? I've installed the exact same version on the new server, can I just do a copy - paste from the old one and overwriting the files on the new server? Will this be ok?
Also, for the DB, I have major issues here. It's kinda huge, about 17 GB, I tried with bigdump and other tools to restore it on the new server but it seems impossible... So I dumped all the tables except the article table and imported into the new server. It seems it restored the agents, customer users, etc., but none of the passwords work, I need to reset them all. What am I doing wrong? :(

Thank you!
wurzel
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: x.x.x

Re: OTRS migration

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

follow the steps http://doc.otrs.com/doc/manual/admin/st ... ating.html

So built a new server, backup the database + config, restore, upgrade - finish :)

Florian
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)
OTRS 8 auf Debian 11 (Test)
Znuny 7.x latest version testing auf Debian 11

-- Ich beantworte keine Forums-Fragen PN - No PN please

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.
alextdt
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.26

Post by alextdt »

wurzel wrote: 04 Sep 2018, 11:50 Hi,

follow the steps http://doc.otrs.com/doc/manual/admin/st ... ating.html

So built a new server, backup the database + config, restore, upgrade - finish :)

Florian
Hi,

These are the steps required to upgrade to 6, right? I will do that after I clone my existing installation to the new server, but what I need to know is if there's more to do than copying the files from one server to the other and restoring the database dump (except the article table..).
wurzel
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: x.x.x

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

Follow the upgrade instructions from otrs 5 patch level upgrade.
This is the correct way moving otrs to another server without migrating to 6

Flo
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)
OTRS 8 auf Debian 11 (Test)
Znuny 7.x latest version testing auf Debian 11

-- Ich beantworte keine Forums-Fragen PN - No PN please

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.