Moderator: crythias

DerSnap
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.6
Company: Inceptua

New To Admining OTRS

Post by DerSnap »

Hello all,
Although I have worked with OTRS now for about 10 years I was not actually doing some of the back-end Admin. More in the setup at least.

I have some questions that I been searching and have not found answers to. At least anything clear.

1. Biggest at the moment is in our ticket system after 30 days I would like to have tickets close. At least as a default state.
What I can't seem to get clear is if the
Ticket::Frontend::PendingDiffTime
is the actual time period for this. From the wording it says time added to the ticket which is a big confusing.

2. I do a lot with setting up new users in our company and things like computers, phones, exchange server etc all are part of this. I created my own check list on a form (not in OTRS) but I am wondering can I use the system for this. I can not seem to find a way to create check box forms. It would be a lot more efficient to be able to handle this as perhaps some sort of process.

Thanks in advance,
DerSnap
Znuny newbie

Re: New To Admining OTRS

Post by DerSnap »

Anyone?
christianclavet
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: Community
Company: Tact Group

Post by christianclavet »

Hi,

I'm really new myself, but can perhaps give you a hint where to look for...

1. Check the operation times in the OTRS system (Admin configuration of the web interface Core::Time::TimeWorkingHours). The time is accounted from your opening hours set there, and if not set properly, it would behave improperly for the time you set in the Queue. If that is checked; then you could use the GENERIC Agent to check the specific queue tickets and to close them after a specified time.

2. Create process tickets with workflows and use dynamic fields for your checkboxes.
----------------------------------------------
OTRS Community 6.0.11
Debian 9.0

MariaDB
DerSnap
Znuny newbie

Post by DerSnap »

Thanks for the reply christian but I think this does not need to go into process tickets and should be a part of the basic system settings.
I will try to get in touch with some of my former colleagues for clarification. Perhaps the German translation gets lost somewhere (?) and it is just some simple wording I am missing. Native English speaker I am and all.

I will post if I find the settings for others.

Process tickets will be setup most likely in the new year to handle other things, but our work load is a bit too busy right now.