Customer can't update ticket with Web Services

Moderator: crythias

fpaco
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS 6s Patch Level

Customer can't update ticket with Web Services

Post by fpaco »

Hello everyone,

I got a strange problems with otrs 6.0.5.

My customer is trying to update a ticket in otrs using a web services and keep getting the following error: "TicketUpdate: Does not have permissions to create new articles!"

I find it rather strange as the customer can still update the ticket using the customer panel. And in the log I found the following messages when the customer try to update : Permission denied (UserID: 1 'note' on TicketID: 63)!

I tried to change the customer user doing the request but for the exact same result: Permission denied (UserID: 1 'note' on TicketID: 63)!

Here is the body of the request: {"CustomerUserLogin":"CustUser","Password":"*******","TicketID":**,"Ticket":{"Queue":"My Queue","CustomerUser":"CustUser"},"Article":{"ArticleType":"email-external","Subject":"Subject","Body":"Some content","ContentType":"text/plain; charset=utf8"},"DynamicField":[{"Name":"ticketStatus","Value":"In Progress"}]}

Many thanks in advance for your help in resolving this.
fpaco
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS 6s Patch Level

[SOLVED] Re: Customer can't update ticket with Web Services

Post by fpaco »

Well I founded an workaround if it's not the solution. I just gave the "note" right on the concerned queue to the root account (the one with the UserId = 1) and it did the trick.