creating new tickets out of notifications (not followups)

Moderator: crythias

PhyrePhoX
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 5.0.24 (with ITSM Mo

creating new tickets out of notifications (not followups)

Post by PhyrePhoX »

Hi,

i would like to have a notification, that creates a new ticket - not a followup article.
In other words: If an event happens (lets say a due date is reached), i want to create a NEW ticket instead of an update in an existing ticket (the one with the due date). Bonus: Have both tickets automatically linked to each other.

I can send notifications to the ticketsystem, using another mail adresse, like "support+notification@xyz.de" and then create a filter that filters for that address.

But: What kind of header do i have to set, so OTRS does NOT search in the mail for references/ticketnumbers - so a NEW ticket will be created? Am i missing something?

Thanks in advance
OTRS 5.0.24 (with ITSM Modules) and Znuny 6.4.4 in staging
PhyrePhoX
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 5.0.24 (with ITSM Mo

Re: creating new tickets out of notifications (not followups)

Post by PhyrePhoX »

i really searched everywhere and i still cannot do it. How can i send a mail from OTRS to itself, that is opening a NEW ticket?

Background: We have tickets, in which agents need to do something specific at a specified time. When the agent is not around or in lunch break, nobody will see the pending reminder. So i want a new ticket created, so everybody is notified (agent can then merge the tickets later)
OTRS 5.0.24 (with ITSM Modules) and Znuny 6.4.4 in staging
fcasal
Znuny wizard
Znuny Version: 6.0.18

Re: creating new tickets out of notifications (not followups)

Post by fcasal »

Perhaps one work around, you can make that the generic agent assign those tickets to an agent who has configured and e-mail that opens a new ticket in the otrs.

Greetings