Internal note notification issue

Moderator: crythias

ruzzetto

Internal note notification issue

Post by ruzzetto »

Hi,
i created a ticket notification when an agent add a note on a ticket. This notification should run only for external notes (direct to the customers) and not for internal ones.
I filtered under "Article Filter" --> "Article Type" = note external but i also receive mails when a new internal note is added.

I want to fix because internal note must not be viewed by customers.
thanks
ruzzetto

Re: Internal note notification issue

Post by ruzzetto »

hi,
nobody had the same issue?
Giulio Soleni
Znuny wizard
Znuny Version: 6.0.x and 5.0.x
Company: IKS srl

Post by Giulio Soleni »

ciao,
Article Filter conditions in Ticket Notifications work only for "ArticleCreate" and "ArticleSend" events, not for other events like NotificationAddNote, and that's the reason your notification does not get triggered.

However, maybe I did not understand what you are looking for...
A note is by itself some kind of notification ... who would you like to notify about a notification :) ?
Sorry but maybe I really am missing something...
OTRS 6.0.x on CentOS 7.x with MariaDB 10.2.x database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
ITSM and FAQ modules installed.
ruzzetto

Post by ruzzetto »

i'm try to send an email to customer everytime a note (external note, not internal ones) is added to the ticket by agents. In this way a customer should not check webportal but receive email with a new notification...
Giulio Soleni
Znuny wizard

Post by Giulio Soleni »

should not be a reply (a real reply I mean, not a note ... "una risposta") which by the way triggers an "ArticleCreate" event, more appropriate in this case?
With a reply
- the ticket change its state from new to open
- the customer gets updated both via e-mail and in the web console
- with the appropriate notification set on "ArticleCreate" event all needed Agents may be informed too
tk_reply.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OTRS 6.0.x on CentOS 7.x with MariaDB 10.2.x database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
ruzzetto

Post by ruzzetto »

ok thanks, so what's the difference between reply and note? better use reply...
Giulio Soleni
Znuny wizard

Post by Giulio Soleni »

When the owner replies to a new ticket, he/she takes the ownership of the ticket, the ticket changes its state from new to open and the first response time escalation countdown is reset (if set).
All these events are not triggered by a simple note.

An agent who put a note (internal or external) to the ticket does not take the ownership of the ticket and he/she is just informing the owner and other agents (and possibly customer too) about something related to the ticket.
Notes should not be used to reply customer about the evolution of the ticket, but you may think at notes as "post-it" texts related to some events concerning the ticket.
For example, if an agent suggests that the ticket priority should be changed, he can set a note to inform the owner of the ticket about that ... I use notes for events like that.
ruzzetto

Post by ruzzetto »

thanks Giulio, now it's more clear