gecelann
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 5.0.0
Company: rghdinc

Storage that could last 3 years

Post by gecelann »

Hi!

Good day!
I would like to seek advice what cloud server is good for handling OTRS system that could last 3 years without having a down site?
and a good amount storage that could handle maximum of 1,500 tickets per day and can last up to 3 years?
Please give us advice for the system requirements of OTRS v5 with this condition.
We are doubting of using our old cloud since it will be a big system. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by gecelann on 25 Jan 2017, 03:50, edited 2 times in total.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Storage that could last 3 years

Post by root »

Especially for the storage size it depends on how often attachments are used and of which size they are.
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
gecelann
Znuny expert

Post by gecelann »

root wrote:Especially for the storage size it depends on how often attachments are used and of which size they are.
Hi root!

Is Amazon EC2 is good for a cloud server? base on your experience, can you please give me what are the best cloud server that can handle OTRS with this condition? Thank you so much for a quick response :D :D
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

contact sales@otrs.com for a fully managed system (no need to think about sizing)
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
Johannes
Znuny Version: All of them ^^
Company: Znuny|OTTERHUB

Post by Johannes »

EC2 or Digital Ocean are booth good ways to host OTRS. The I/O on Digital Ocean is a bit slower than the EC2 (SSD) versions but it will fit your requirements just fine.

Create an EC2 Instance (Redhat/CentOS) with prov. SSD storage and an EC2 Block Storage for the attachments and you will be fine. You can scale in any direction if needed. No datacenter will provide you with a 100% uptime, to achieve this a lot effort and money is needed.

regards
gecelann
Znuny expert

Post by gecelann »

jojo wrote:contact sales@otrs.com for a fully managed system (no need to think about sizing)
Thank you so much jojo! :D
Johannes wrote:EC2 or Digital Ocean are booth good ways to host OTRS. The I/O on Digital Ocean is a bit slower than the EC2 (SSD) versions but it will fit your requirements just fine.

Create an EC2 Instance (Redhat/CentOS) with prov. SSD storage and an EC2 Block Storage for the attachments and you will be fine. You can scale in any direction if needed. No datacenter will provide you with a 100% uptime, to achieve this a lot effort and money is needed.

regards
Thank you so much for your advice Johannes, will discuss about it to my manager. Thank you so much!! :D :D :D