Set Activity Dialog available only for Owner and Responsible

Moderator: crythias

GaS
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4.0.16

Set Activity Dialog available only for Owner and Responsible

Post by GaS »

Hi all,
I have the following problem: In a Process Management I have an "Activity Dialog" that I would like to be available only for Owner and Responsible of the Ticket itself.

I tried setting "Required Lock:" option of the Activity Dialog with "Yes"

Code: Select all

'RequiredLock' => '1'
and the behaviour of OTRS is quite strange, i.e.:

1) The Activity Dialog is available only for Owner and Responsible, if others Agents tried to open the Activity Dialog get an error message. And this is OK for me

2) The Owner could open the "Activity Dialog" and can select/modify the Assigned Field. And this is OK for me

3) The Responsible could open the "Activity Dialog" and can select/modify the Assigned Field, BUT he/she automatically became also the owner of the Ticket. And this is NOT ok for me 'couse the owner of the Ticket shall not be changed at all. And also if he/she select the "Cancel & close window" button of the Activity Dialog he/she has become the owner

Do you think it is the intened behaviour, a misconfiguration or could be a bug?
Could you suggest me an alternative solution?

Thanks very much for your support,
Gabriele
Eggllo
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.10

Re: Set Activity Dialog available only for Owner and Responsible

Post by Eggllo »

I would try setting the required lock to "no" rather than yes. This is likely what's causing the responsible to become owner when they start working on a ticket.
OTRS v5.0.10 with ITSM extension.
MySQL database
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
GaS
Znuny newbie

Post by GaS »

Eggllo wrote:I would try setting the required lock to "no" rather than yes. This is likely what's causing the responsible to become owner when they start working on a ticket.
Thanks for the replay but if I select "no" all the agents, or the agents that have particular permission (es. rw, ro, etc...), will have access to the Activity Dialog with no dependence on ownership or responsible-ship of the Tickets but only depending on the roles/group/queue.

By
Gabriele
Eggllo
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.10

Post by Eggllo »

I guess I'm a bit confused about what you're looking for then...

Required lock is an option that will automatically set the owner and locks the ticket when trying to do a certain action, but only if it isn't already locked to someone else. If the ticket is already locked to someone then nobody else will be able to work on it.

If this isn't what you're looking for you might instead want to try an ACL to get the functionality you want.
OTRS v5.0.10 with ITSM extension.
MySQL database
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
GaS
Znuny newbie

Post by GaS »

Eggllo wrote: If this isn't what you're looking for you might instead want to try an ACL to get the functionality you want.
Yes, maybe, this is the solution: thanks very much, I will try with an ACL

Regards,
Gasbriele
poncho
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3 & 6

Post by poncho »

If a process ticket ist locked, other agents can not answer to the customer. But they still can use the activity dialogs. That's the problem. And I have it too.