How to disable queues grouping

Moderator: crythias

ThomasPL10
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.2

How to disable queues grouping

Post by ThomasPL10 »

Hello

Some time ago I upgraded my OTRS to version 5.
Is it possible to "ungroup" all queues on the list permanently? It would be more comfortable to use for me.
otrsproblem.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Giulio Soleni
Znuny wizard
Znuny Version: 6.0.x and 5.0.x
Company: IKS srl

Re: How to disable queues grouping

Post by Giulio Soleni »

Queue "grouping" as you said, is more precisely related to the concept of sub queuing, and it is a specific that can be changed for every queue on its queue configuration setting: any queue (for example "Servers (KUA)") can be sub queue of a parent queue (for example "KUA").
If you remove this relationship from the configuration of the child queue, the "grouping" is disbanded.

Just mind that internally the full name of the queue changes from "Parent Queue::Child Queue" to "Child Queue" (in your example from "KUA::Servers (KUA)" to "Servers (KUA)")

By the way, that's a configuration available at least since OTRS ver 3.0.1 if not before afaik.
OTRS 6.0.x on CentOS 7.x with MariaDB 10.2.x database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
ITSM and FAQ modules installed.
ThomasPL10
Znuny newbie

Post by ThomasPL10 »

I understand the concept. Let me explain my problem in the other way. I want to have sub queues and I will leave it like this. The problem is that when I create a new ticket I alwas have to click on "KUA" and after this I can select one of the final child queue. I would like to avoid this extra click. Is it possible?
Giulio Soleni
Znuny wizard
Znuny Version: 6.0.x and 5.0.x
Company: IKS srl

Post by Giulio Soleni »

... well, in that case I think you may simply use the new inline search feature: as soon as you start typing for example "Serv" within the "To queue" field, all the actual queues whose name matches with "Serv" should be automatically expanded.
Otherwise I do not think that you may have all the items in the menu automatically available.
OTRS 6.0.x on CentOS 7.x with MariaDB 10.2.x database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
ITSM and FAQ modules installed.
Ralph
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.9 (win)

Post by Ralph »

I am running into the same issue. Surely there has to be a way in which all sub-queues are visible by default for agents (like in past OTRS versions) instead of them being hidden until you click on the main queue?

See the added image, left side is the current system (shows all sub-queues) which is what I want. The right side shows the new (needs to click on a main queue first).

Edit: and when you accidentally click on a marked out queue you get a 'new queue' option. It would be nice if we could disable this as well. I don't get why this has been made like this since you don't make new queues that often and then it seems to make more sense to only have the option in the admin menu? I guess it's because of the admin role, but still I don't know why I would want this option.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ThomasPL10
Znuny newbie

Post by ThomasPL10 »

Any comments from OTRS "guru" would be very valuable :)
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

not possible
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
Ralph
Znuny newbie

Post by Ralph »

jojo wrote:not possible
That's a real shame. I wonder why the queue setup was changed to such an 'unfriendly / impractical' way. Or at least why the old way was not left in as an option.
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

the filter speeds up daily work a lot.

As it is open source you can change the code without any issues.
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
Ralph
Znuny newbie

Post by Ralph »

jojo wrote:the filter speeds up daily work a lot.
Not for us.

Also when you click on a mainqueue that is inactive it doesn't give you the active sub-menu's but rather a 'create a new queue' field. Still have to test if this is because I'm an admin but I wish they would leave any configuration fields in the Admin part itself and not in 'agent' areas.

Going to look into editing the code, or I'll just edit all queues and put the mainqueue name in front of every subqueue, but either way it's a hassle.