Emails don't generate tickets

Moderator: crythias

thedirtchamber
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.8

Emails don't generate tickets

Post by thedirtchamber »

Hello everyone. I have a problem with the latest version of OTRS. Emails sent to the inbound email address don't create tickets and I suspect this happens because of the cron jobs. I've looked into /var/cron and there are only 2 scripts there, aaa_base and otrs_daemon. Where are the others?! There's no .dist file anywhere on my CentOS server and I think this is the reason why the tickets are not created automatically. Can anyone please help?

Thank you :)
pab
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: [...],6.x, Znuny 7
Company: maxence business consulting GmbH

Re: Emails don't generate tickets

Post by pab »

Hi,

OTRS 5 does not rely on (too many) cron jobs any more. Instead, OTRS comes with it's own cron-like daemon, which is called -as you might have guessed by now- otrs_daemon. All the old otrs cron tasks are now configured via sysconfig. So you'd have to check there now.

Peter
thedirtchamber
Znuny newbie

Post by thedirtchamber »

I see. I did not know that. :) Can you please point me to the right section of sys config? Where I can set up everything for automatic creation of tickets via email?

Thank you!

Update: it seems that if I click on "Fetch mail" for the selected email addresses, the tickets are created properly. So I guess that this thing doesn't run automatically. I checked in Daemon::SchedulerCronTaskManager::Task and changed the interval for fetching emails, but it still doesn't work. Do I need to install fetchmail on CentOS for this?
pab
Znuny advanced

Post by pab »

Hi,

having fetchmail installed is a good idea...plus: Is the otrs_daemon running?
thedirtchamber
Znuny newbie

Post by thedirtchamber »

pab wrote:Hi,

having fetchmail installed is a good idea...plus: Is the otrs_daemon running?
It is running, yes. I installed fetchmail and it seems to work, somehow... It's pulling emails from the account (deleting them from the server, sadly) and it's creating tickets, but for some reason it ignores the time interval that I've set in sysconfig. It's running at somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes. Also, in the otrs log, I have the same error over and over, something about not being able to run because there's another instance already running and it gives me (I think) a PID, 4430. But there's no process on the server with that ID....
pab
Znuny advanced

Post by pab »

Hm...

I remember having this error with a customer after upgrading to an early 5.0.x...but right now I can't remember how we fixed it. What I remember is: It's not about the otrs_daemon cron/process, it is one of the internal otrs daemon processes, so you have to look in the otrs database. There is a table with the otrs daemon's PIDs. Just removing the ID there did not work for us then, but maybe it will work for you now.
I'll come back when I recall the solution, or find the time to take a look at the project documentation.