OTRS5 adding note, subject autofilled ?

Moderator: crythias

Banta5000
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.7

OTRS5 adding note, subject autofilled ?

Post by Banta5000 »

Hi,

we just installed otrs5, before when adding a note we could have the subject filled with the tickets subject, like when answering per mail. It included ticket number and subject. In older otrs we would hack a dlt file.

This doesnt seem to work anymore.

How can we automatically fill the subject when adding a note with ticket number and ticket subject ?

its really annoying to have to type that it all the time, cause otrs has the info already..

than you very much for help on this, i have browsed the forums and google but to no avail to far.

cheers,
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Re: OTRS5 adding note, subject autofilled ?

Post by jojo »

it does not make any sense to fill the ticket# into a note. The subject itself can be prepopulated via sysconfig
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
Banta5000
Znuny newbie

Post by Banta5000 »

well i see where i can populate it in sysconfig, but with which Entry ? I dont want a static entry but a dynamic one

i tried in Ticket::Frontend::AgentTicketNote###Subject

this: <OTRS_CUSTOMER_SUBJECT[30]>

but it only shows thos excact letters. whats the syntax for this field to get the currents tickets subject in here ?

thx alot!
RStraub
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: 6.0.14

Post by RStraub »

Could you post the line where you "hacked" the .dtl ? You can do the same with OTRS 4 and 5, but the syntax changed.
Currently using: OTRS 6.0.14 -- MariaDB -- Ubuntu 16 LTS
Banta5000
Znuny newbie

Post by Banta5000 »

Hi,

in

AgentTicketNote.dtl:

<input type="text" id="Subject" name="Subject" value="$QData{"Title"}" />

Where $QData{"Title"} adds the original title of the ticket.
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

why do you want to add the subject of the ticket to the note? This will lead to replicated information. If you wan't to change the text send to an agent, just change the notification
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
Banta5000
Znuny newbie

Post by Banta5000 »

so the agent sees whats it is about in his mail client when looking at the subjects.

Besides i cant submit the note if subject is empty, unless that can be disabled im forced to type in something id rather have the system do.

When replying by mail otrs inserts the subject too - i dont se why it shouldnt when adding a notification , wouldnt bother us at least.

if its possible to sent it empty i get tons of notfications by email and i have not clue what it is about unless i open the mail.

Most of us are on the road the day
RStraub
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: 6.0.14

Post by RStraub »

I'm sorry about my previous statement. According to git there wasn't a AgentTicketNote.dtl after 3.x . They now all redirect to the Common Action...

I guess you could still fiddle around with javascript, read the <h1> and set that value to the subject field.
Currently using: OTRS 6.0.14 -- MariaDB -- Ubuntu 16 LTS
Banta5000
Znuny newbie

Post by Banta5000 »

thats ok. Sorry i dont understand what you mean by "h1"

thanks
EXG133
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.1.7 & 4.04

Post by EXG133 »

Just add <OTRS_TICKET_TicketNumber> in the Agent::AddNote notification in http://hostname/otrs/index.pl?Action=AdminNotification like jojo said, you can use the variable there. You don't need it in the actual article subject.

We just prefill the subject with "Note:" so Agents feel inclined to add some useful info for the ticketzoom overview.
Banta5000
Znuny newbie

Post by Banta5000 »

well ok i edit the Ticket new note notifcation, i can set a subject , preset is Ticket Note: <OTRS_AGENT_SUBJECT[24]>

but it doesnt matter, when adding a note i need to add a subject. and that overrules what is set in above.

so the mail that is being send out to the agent when i decide to inform him doesnt contain <OTRS_AGENT_SUBJECT[24]> altho its set.

sorry i dont seem to get it...
Banta5000
Znuny newbie

Post by Banta5000 »

Hi,

someone got a solution maybe ? no matte what i set in the template, when adding a note the subject is empty....

thanks for help!
lobster
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.6

Post by lobster »

Having the same "issue": The Subject should either be optional or prepopulated with the current subject, when an agent adds a note (for example when closing a ticket (Action=AgentTicketClose).

It worked in OTRS 4 for me, though not sure if we implemented some hack to make it work.
Banta5000
Znuny newbie

Post by Banta5000 »

what i dont understand the Subject is prefilled in the Form, but appears empty when using it.

it doesnt make any sense to me
amair
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: KixDesk 17

Post by amair »

Hi,
lobster wrote:Having the same "issue": The Subject should either be optional or prepopulated with the current subject, when an agent adds a note (for example when closing a ticket (Action=AgentTicketClose).
search for "NoteMandatory" in SysConfig and you'll find for example Frontend::Agent::Ticket::ViewClose where you make notes for closing a ticket optional.

Regards,
Andreas
Banta5000
Znuny newbie

Post by Banta5000 »

hey thx. But with that i can decide wether filling out a Note is necessary. I want the note, but i dont want to type in the Subject, nor do I want it to be empty.

I want just the same as when answering to the customer by email. Then the Subject is add automatically, its the same subject of the ticket, so its not always the same....
Pr0xiMUS
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS 5.0

Post by Pr0xiMUS »

Hi,

I solved this issue by modifying line 388 in AgentTicketActionCommon.tt. After this patch subject will be populated with ticket title.

1. Copy AgentTicketActionCommon.tt to Custom folder:

Code: Select all

cp /opt/otrs/Kernel/Output/HTML/Templates/Standard/AgentTicketActionCommon.tt /opt/otrs/Custom/Kernel/Output/HTML/Templates/Stadard/
2. modify line 388 of AgentTicketActionCommon.tt (otrs 5.0.15) to be like this:

<input type="text" id="Subject" name="Subject" value="RE: [% Data.Title | html %]" class="W75pc Validate [% Data.SubjectInvalid %] [% Data.SubjectRequired %]"/>
3. check file permission and clear cache to appy changes immediately (SetPermissions depend on your config so apply this with care):

/opt/otrs/bin/otrs.SetPermissions.pl --web-group=apache --otrs-user=otrs --skip-article-dir
su -c "/opt/otrs/bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild" -s /bin/bash otrs
su -c "/opt/otrs/bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Cache::Delete" -s /bin/bash otrs

Thats all
OTRS 5.0.15 on CentOS 7 with database MariaDB 5.5