Moderator: crythias

brendanlim
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS5.0.7
Company: Trans Niaga Sdn Bhd

Agents to only see "Responsible" tickets

Post by brendanlim »

Hi all,

Tried searching forums but it seems per agent queues is the answer but our business case is rather different.

We have a "Support" queue in which our Technical team will be the "Owner" for it and works on it and respond to those cases.
Our Sales team requires to be in the loop of these cases and the "Responsible" is set to the Sales agent. These Sales agent are not allowed to do anything except view their own cases.

I've tried
- Setting the "Responsible" checked in the groups to the sales person and the "Dashboard" becomes only 1 out of the 8 (the icon on top clicks and it shows the 8 responsible ticket)

Is it possible to have the Dashboard show the sales person their own tickets there directly instead of having to click the person icon on top to see the responsible ticket list? Or any other method we can achieve this?

Regards,
Brendan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wheelshot
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 4.0.24

Re: Agents to only see "Responsible" tickets

Post by wheelshot »

Can you show us what are your agent preferences? Also, theres another box in your dashboard for pending states tickets so can you tell us whats the stats of all tickets in the 8 that are suppose to show.

I dont think its a problem with rights but more about the designed view of the agent.
brendanlim
Znuny newbie

Post by brendanlim »

Hi wheelshot,

You're right.. it's not really an issue with the permission rights since the Sales person can see their ticket via the "Responsibility Ticket" view as per screenshot. The question is if we can have that in the Dashboard view instead of clicking on the "Responsible people icon" on top of the screen.

By Agent Preferences do you mean you want to see what Queue's he's in? In our business use case, our sales personnel needs to be kept in the loop for all support cases. So they don't belong in the "Support" Queue but needs to be able to view the cases in the queue that they are set to "Responsible" for as essentially these support cases are their customers. The cases in the support queue may have the "Responsible" field set to different sales people and each sales person is not allowed to see another sales person case due to sensitivity issues.

Basically the objective here is for the Sales person to be able to view their tickets that they're "Responsible" for in the Dashboard without being in the "Queue" and not able to see other cases other than what they are "Responsible" for.

Though I understand from reading some of the forum posts, the Queue is like a "shared" folder and for them to see it they need to be in the queue. I'm just wondering since we can already filter out the cases that they are "Responsible" for as shown in the responsible ticket view, can we have this on the Dashboard view as well without adding them to the Queue.

Hope you get what I mean. Appreciate the help!

Regards,
Brendan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wheelshot
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 4.0.24

Post by wheelshot »

brendanlim wrote: By Agent Preferences do you mean you want to see what Queue's he's in?
Well I meant, if you click on the "gear like" icon top right of screen of that sales person. Having a screenshot of that would help me help you with the appropriate settings for that group. In my opinion, problem's there.
brendanlim
Znuny newbie

Post by brendanlim »

Hi Wheelshot,

Here's the Sales person "Gear" preference screen. His Queue's are all selected. Thanks.

Regards,
Brendan
brendanlim
Znuny newbie

Post by brendanlim »

Just wondering if anybody got any solution to this use case? Or is this most likely not possible at all?