Import / Export weird problem

Moderator: crythias

wheelshot
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 4.0.24

Import / Export weird problem

Post by wheelshot »

Hi guys,

We're using OTRS 4.0.11 and we're having a weird issue with the import/export feature for ConfigItems.

I created a import/export task to export my computers with their location in a csv file. So basically 2 fields, id + location :)

Long story short, I updated that csv with some modifications on location and want to import it back into OTRS. OTRS is reading (as written in the sys logs) but skips all the entries and aint updating nothing at all.

Also, I tried simply to erase the location from a specific computer and did my import again and now its updating the value but with the wrong location...

Here's a sample of my csv:
"0000007873";"9224000072"

Also, im using a KIX module (ITSM-CIAttributeCollection) so I can import export links between CIs so maybe its linked to that also. I'll try to run an import on fields not linked to that module meanwhile.

Thanks for your help
RStraub
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: 6.0.14

Re: Import / Export weird problem

Post by RStraub »

There's a miminum of fields that *need* to be given for a import. Those are (afaik) the name, the inci-state and the deployment state.
Try to do the same, but include those fields in the export and import.
Currently using: OTRS 6.0.14 -- MariaDB -- Ubuntu 16 LTS
wheelshot
Znuny expert

Post by wheelshot »

Hi,

I added the 2 fields you mentionned in my import/export and I still have the same problem :( It skips all the entries as there was no change but there is.

Here's now what one line looks like with the actual fields being Name, Location, deploy state and inc state:
"0000000008";"9224000267";"Production";"Operational"

Thanks again for your help
RStraub
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: 6.0.14

Post by RStraub »

And you selected one of the columns as identifier?

Did you try to import via shell? You could try with ~bin/otrs.ImportExport.pl and see if you get error messages or reasons why it's skipped.
Currently using: OTRS 6.0.14 -- MariaDB -- Ubuntu 16 LTS
wheelshot
Znuny expert

Post by wheelshot »

Hi,

I just tried it using shell command with the same result :( All skipped without any reasons mentionned.