[Solved] Login to customer frontend only with working Internet connection?

Moderator: crythias

hukrause
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4.0.24

[Solved] Login to customer frontend only with working Internet connection?

Post by hukrause »

Hello,

we use OTRS 4.0.7 open source version, Installed via tgz on an Debian Jessie with Postgres 9.4 as back end. If a client try to login to the customer front end which is located in our internal network he will see the front end fast (using iceweasel 31.7.0 on Debian Jessie). After typing his credentials and pushing the login button he waits forever, the login will not succeed. But only without connection to the Internet . Further on, there is no entry in no apache log files for this login attempt on the server. If I enable Internet access (via proxy) the user is able to connect immediately.

Did someone know whats going on here?

Best regards,

Hubert
Last edited by hukrause on 27 Aug 2015, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Login to customer frontend only with working Internet connection?

Post by crythias »

It may depend on your LAN network's DNS resolution of the domain name attached to your otrs server.
The client apparently can't resolve the name and may only have the login screen via cache. This is evidenced by your apache logs not recording the attempt.

Also, welcome to the OTRS Forums. Please also note that versions of OTRS < 3.3 are no longer supported by OTRS proper (this is a community forum. Support from this site is free, voluntary, and not official.) and support here for < 3.3 is dwindling due to age of release. As this is your first post, it appears that you aren't deploying yet, and therefore I'd strongly recommend installing 4.latest.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
hukrause
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4.0.24

[Solved] Re: Login to customer frontend only with working Internet connection?

Post by hukrause »

Thank you for your answer,

Now I have tried a different Browser (Chromium 44.0.2403.89)and every thing works fine. An Update of Iceweasel (Debian Firefox) from 31.7.0 to 38.2.0 solve this Problem too. It was obviously a Browser problem. I don't think it was a DNS problem, because my First view of the login page allways generates entry's in the apache log. Only the login procedure didn't reach the server. Now I can not reproduce this Problem anymore so I marked this as Solved.

Best regards,

Hubert