Moderator: crythias

radantuhy
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS 4 Patch Level 5

Create ticket by sending an email to customer with OTRS email in a copy

Post by radantuhy »

Hello,
I would need to implement the following behavior:

I have an email from customer who sent me an email directly to personal@mail. I want to reply to that customer@mail and put otrs@mail in a copy. The result I want to archive is that OTRS will create a ticket where customer@mail will be the actual customer and I will be the ticket owner and ticket will be locked to me.

I believe I can acomplish this by creating postmaster filter which will identify email where I am the sender and otrs mailbox is in a copy. Then I believe I could set the X-OTRS-CustomerUser to the address I sent the email to which in our case was customer@mail.

The issue is that I don't know the variable which represents the address I sent the email to.

Maybe there is better solution and I just haven't found it yet.
This personal email should not be integrated into otrs.
Thank you for any help.
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Re: Create ticket by sending an email to customer with OTRS email in a copy

Post by jojo »

Don't use your personal mail. Use OTRS for replying (thats how a ticket system works)
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
seberget2
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.30

Re: Create ticket by sending an email to customer with OTRS email in a copy

Post by seberget2 »

radantuhy wrote:I have an email from customer who sent me an email directly to personal@mail. I want to reply to that customer@mail and put otrs@mail in a copy. The result I want to archive is that OTRS will create a ticket where customer@mail will be the actual customer and I will be the ticket owner and ticket will be locked to me.

I believe I can acomplish this by creating postmaster filter which will identify email where I am the sender and otrs mailbox is in a copy. Then I believe I could set the X-OTRS-CustomerUser to the address I sent the email to which in our case was customer@mail.
I understand your use-case. I see it not everyday in my work, but at least a few times a week. I would implement this as a

Code: Select all

Kernel::System::PostMaster::Filter
in code. Gives you a lot more control over it. And implement it as an module, a lot easier to do upgrades of OTRS.
OTRS 6.0.12 on Ubuntu with MySQL DB, and various plug-ins and a hack or two :-D