Send Agent Email When Ticket is Moved to A Different Queue

Moderator: crythias

brunomairesse
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.5

Send Agent Email When Ticket is Moved to A Different Queue

Post by brunomairesse »

crythias wrote:
Goldsmith81 wrote:It sent the move notification to every agent expect for mine, which is the one its supposed to send it to. Why is that?
Because you already know you moved it to your queue.
Hello, sorry to bother you, it is my first time working with OTRS and I ended up with this issue, that you clearly answered but I was wondering if there is any way to force it to send the notification e-mail to everyone on the role responsible for the event, the mover agent included.

Thanks in advance! :D
Last edited by crythias on 22 Oct 2014, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic split. Please don't hijack other threads
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Send Agent Email When Ticket is Moved to A Different Que

Post by crythias »

As stated in the other thread, and more explicitly, unlocked tickets will notify everyone in the queue who have move notifications yes and the queue highlighted in their preferences my queues.
By default, tickets are unlocked prior to move queue.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
brunomairesse
Znuny newbie

Post by brunomairesse »

crythias wrote:As stated in the other thread, and more explicitly, unlocked tickets will notify everyone in the queue who have move notifications yes and the queue highlighted in their preferences my queues.
By default, tickets are unlocked prior to move queue.
Yeah I got that clear from the beginning but my question was more concerning the notification not being sent to the agent that moved the ticket even if he is in the queue that has move notifications set to yes and queues highlighted in their preferences.
I know it is obvious that if I moved the ticket I wouldn´t need to receive a notification, but I´m requested to do this way if possible, that´s why I asked if there is a way to force it.

Thanks in advance.
brunomairesse
Znuny newbie

Post by brunomairesse »

Sorry to post again, but I found the solution for my problem, so here is the description of the problem and the solution:

After I had configured events and notifications, the system worked great and had was sending notification to all agents in a role when tickets were moved into their queues except for the agent that actually moved the ticket [Which makes sense, since if I moved the ticket why would I need to know I have a new ticket in that queue, but I was requested to make it work this way]. Summing up I needed to generate a notification e-mail to myself if I moved a ticket to one of my queues.

Solution: I went to SysConfig and selected the Ticket, there I entered Core::Ticket and changed the property Core::Ticket::AgentSelfNotifyOnAction to yes.

Thanks anyway for your help Crythias!
MurugeshOTRS
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS-6
Company: IT

Re: Send Agent Email When Ticket is Moved to A Different Queue

Post by MurugeshOTRS »

Hi,

I am using OTRS -6 version. In here, I am trying to configure the email notification when an existing ticket is moved from one queue to another.
I have added the email address under the "Ticket Notification" settings as well. But still the mail is not getting triggered.

Kindly help reagrding the same.

Thanks in advance,
Murugesh Anand
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Re: Send Agent Email When Ticket is Moved to A Different Queue

Post by jojo »

Please don't hijack old threads. Sending on move to a queue works like a charm.

Check the settings of the agent (My Queues and if he wants to be informed), also check Logs of OTRS and the email server
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com