Moderator: crythias

CharlesD
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.11
Company: DEDALUS-DOPASYS-WEB100t

Notification (Event) - How send to two CustomerID

Post by CharlesD »

Dear OTRS Friends,

We use OTRS HELP DESK 3.1.11 since 2 years (perhaps old version ?).
We've got around 40 Customer Companies on our HelpDesk Database.
Since few months we "opened" OTRS help desk to our customers, and they wish to be notified when the state one of ticket is changed (New-Open->Closed…).
We don’t want notify all 40 Company. But, Just some of them (just for those who have requested).

So, I made one "Notifications (EVENT)" For just one Customer Company : HHUNIVERSITY.
It's OK, the e-mails send to the customers without any problem, and exactly when we want.

Notification settings :
-Recipient groups:Customer
-Event:TicketStateUpdate
-CustomerID: HHUNIVERSITY

1. We Would use de same Notification for more Customer Companies specified (DLCUNIVERSITY;TTLUniversity…..) in the field "CustomerID" perhaps ?
Like this, CustomerID:HHUNIVERSITY;DLCUNIVERSITY….
But we don't know if it's possible ? and if it's possible, how can we do that (we tried with a decimal point, it's not ok, the notification sent to nobody) ?

To be stuck this problem, We tried to use this notification with the Recipient Groups, but the notification only sent to agents , and not to Customer. So the customer had permission RW on the group.
We thought to find the checkbox "Also send to customers in groups". But not.

(we don’t want use auto responsonses for this element)

2. When a notification sent to the customer, (In History " SendCustomerNotification " ), a new article appear, and obstruct ticket Client-side (Not agent side, through the filter, can be removed)

(It's really secondary discomfort, it's not a really problem for my team and customers)

Thank you for your next answer en your help,

Charles DUFRESNE
CharlesD
Znuny newbie

Notification (Event) - How send to two CustomerID

Post by CharlesD »

Dear OTRS Friends,

We use OTRS HELP DESK 3.1.11 since 2 years (perhaps old version ?).
We've got around 40 Customer Companies on our HelpDesk Database.
Since few months we "opened" OTRS help desk to our customers, and they wish to be notified when the state one of ticket is changed (New-Open->Closed…).
We don’t want notify all 40 Company. But, Just some of them (just for those who have requested).

So, I made one "Notifications (EVENT)" For just one Customer Company : HHUNIVERSITY.
It's OK, the e-mails send to the customers without any problem, and exactly when we want.

Notification settings :
-Recipient groups:Customer
-Event:TicketStateUpdate
-CustomerID: HHUNIVERSITY

1. We Would use de same Notification for more Customer Companies specified (DLCUNIVERSITY;TTLUniversity…..) in the field "CustomerID" perhaps ?
Like this, CustomerID:HHUNIVERSITY;DLCUNIVERSITY….
But we don't know if it's possible ? and if it's possible, how can we do that (we tried with a decimal point, it's not ok, the notification sent to nobody) ?

To be stuck this problem, We tried to use this notification with the Recipient Groups, but the notification only sent to agents , and not to Customer. So the customer had permission RW on the group.
We thought to find the checkbox "Also send to customers in groups". But not.

(we don’t want use auto responsonses for this element)

2. When a notification sent to the customer, (In History " SendCustomerNotification " ), a new article appear, and obstruct ticket Client-side (Not agent side, through the filter, can be removed)

(It's really secondary discomfort, it's not a really problem for my team and customers)

Thank you for your next answer en your help,

Charles DUFRESNE
Last edited by crythias on 20 May 2014, 19:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: don't cross-post.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Notification (Event) - How send to two CustomerID

Post by crythias »

1) State change (any changes in labelling) are not relevant to customers. Yeah, they want to be notified, but it's just spam. Don't automate label changes to your customer ... talk to them. A reply is the change from new to open. A reply is the change from open to close.
2) If you must, then you're going to repeat Notification (Event) for every CustomerID that "wants" to be notified about what a computer does to their ticket.

Re: SendCustomerNotification ... If you don't do it, they won't get it.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
CharlesD
Znuny newbie

Post by CharlesD »

HI,

Thanks for your help,

But i know what my customers need and want, and i'll add a filter just for One state "Awaiting response from the client", it'll be not a spam...

Sorry, but You did'nt answer to my question :
I need send this notification for multiple customerID...
I need a solution or a workaround.

It's possible you're thinking it's bad, state change are not relevant to custemers...but i need to do that, if i can't, I'll have to code in perl language...
----
crythias wrote:1) State change (any changes in labelling) are not relevant to customers. Yeah, they want to be notified, but it's just spam. Don't automate label changes to your customer ... talk to them. A reply is the change from new to open. A reply is the change from open to close.
2) If you must, then you're going to repeat Notification (Event) for every CustomerID that "wants" to be notified about what a computer does to their ticket.

Re: SendCustomerNotification ... If you don't do it, they won't get it.
crythias

Post by crythias »

CharlesD wrote:I need send this notification for multiple customerID...
You can't. There isn't an address for a customer ID.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
crythias

Post by crythias »

You can, however, send to a group.
CharlesD
Znuny newbie

Post by CharlesD »

Good idea...
But always not :

"[..]To be stuck this problem, We tried to use this notification with the Recipient Groups, but the notification only sent to agents , and not to Customer. So the customer had permission RW on the group. [...]"
crythias wrote:You can, however, send to a group.
crythias

Post by crythias »

CharlesD wrote:To be stuck this problem, We tried to use this notification with the Recipient Groups, but the notification only sent to agents , and not to Customer. So the customer had permission RW on the group.
I don't know what this means. I realize you used a translator but "So ..." translates to "In order to get around this limitation," which means "it worked after ..."
or it didn't, so we're back to OTRS is not an email program. If the customer wants notification, either you or the customer should provide a distribution list email address that handles the recipients.
CharlesD
Znuny newbie

Post by CharlesD »

so, you totally seen what i mean.

so Any One can help me please ?