OTRS Error

Moderator: crythias

TzunTzai
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.2.1
Company: Avert

OTRS Error

Post by TzunTzai »

Checking the System Logs, I'm seeing this error randomly.

Code: Select all

Fri May 10 16:51:50 2013	error	OTRS-CGI-10	YAML data was: "--- DefaultValue: '' "
Fri May 10 16:51:50 2013	error	OTRS-CGI-10	Loading the YAML string failed: Syck parser (line 1, column 21): syntax error at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.3/i586-linux-thread-multi/YAML/Syck.pm line 76
From what I read, there could be a problem with a custom setting?

Thanks,
Alex
OTRS 3.3.2
Ubuntu Server 13.10
MySQL

OTRS 3.2.6
OpenSUSE 11.4
MySQL
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: OTRS Error

Post by crythias »

Yes. possibly. There's a high likelihood this matches a Dynamic Field blank entry.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
TzunTzai
Znuny newbie

Post by TzunTzai »

crythias wrote:Yes. possibly. There's a high likelihood this matches a Dynamic Field blank entry.
Got it. I do have a rather large set of dynamic field data being used to display ticket category. Would you recommend that I use another feature to define ticket category?
OTRS 3.3.2
Ubuntu Server 13.10
MySQL

OTRS 3.2.6
OpenSUSE 11.4
MySQL
crythias

Post by crythias »

TzunTzai wrote:Would you recommend that I use another feature to define ticket category?
A combination of queues (types of things being serviced and agents who know how to handle them) and services (things needing to be serviced) and ACL to segregate services per queue.

But since "category" is a rather generic term that may not apply to the above, I can't provide a better answer.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
TzunTzai
Znuny newbie

Post by TzunTzai »

crythias wrote:
TzunTzai wrote:Would you recommend that I use another feature to define ticket category?
A combination of queues (types of things being serviced and agents who know how to handle them) and services (things needing to be serviced) and ACL to segregate services per queue.

But since "category" is a rather generic term that may not apply to the above, I can't provide a better answer.
Got ya. Let me be more specific. We have multiple clients. Each client has their own queue / sub-queue. We like to have a way of sorting our tickets based on issue. For instance, if someone calls for a multiple desktop install. this would be categorized under Hardware ---> Install. As of right now, we are using a dynamic fields drop down list to hold all possible ticket types.
OTRS 3.3.2
Ubuntu Server 13.10
MySQL

OTRS 3.2.6
OpenSUSE 11.4
MySQL
crythias

Post by crythias »

TzunTzai wrote: Each client has their own queue / sub-queue.
Sounds like a mess to track. If you had thousands of clients creating all those queues and subqueues would be a nightmare.

If I had a new client, I'd just tell her to use the Hardware queue and select "Install" as a service.
If I had another new client, I'd be able to say exactly the same thing.
TzunTzai
Znuny newbie

Post by TzunTzai »

crythias wrote:
TzunTzai wrote: Each client has their own queue / sub-queue.
Sounds like a mess to track. If you had thousands of clients creating all those queues and subqueues would be a nightmare.

If I had a new client, I'd just tell her to use the Hardware queue and select "Install" as a service.
If I had another new client, I'd be able to say exactly the same thing.
So I guess I should be using "Service Management" instead of dynamic fiends to define the category (or service type).
OTRS 3.3.2
Ubuntu Server 13.10
MySQL

OTRS 3.2.6
OpenSUSE 11.4
MySQL