[SOLVED] ERROR: relation "support_bench_test" does not exist

Moderator: crythias

interploy
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.2.3

[SOLVED] ERROR: relation "support_bench_test" does not exist

Post by interploy »

Hi,

I was looking at the Support Assessment area and saw the SQL benchmark tool. Having recently done (what I thought) was some optimizations to my PostgreSQL config, I ran the tests, and these were my results:

Code: Select all

Insert Time:	10000	 10 s :-(	 Should not take more than 5's on an average system.
Update Time:	10000	 10 s :-(	 Should not take more than 9's on an average system.
Select Time:	10000	 11 s :-(	 Should not take more than 6's on an average system.
Delete Time:	10000	 10 s :-(	 Should not take more than 5's on an average system.
Multiplier:	* 1	 s	
I was freaking out, then noticed this error in the logs happening over and over again:

ERROR: relation "support_bench_test" does not exist

I'm hoping that the lagging benchmark is because of this error. I double-checked my database and I don't have a support_bench_test table, but I don't recall getting any errors when I installed the db. Note that the database is new and currently empty (I have an older instance running on another server, but I haven't ported the data over yet).

Can anyone tell me how to fix/configure/re-install the SQL benchmark tool? I haven't had much luck lurking or with Google. I'm getting close to releasing this thing live and I'd like to have the peace of mind of knowing the database can keep up.
Last edited by interploy on 01 Apr 2013, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
OTRS v3.2.3
CentOS 6.3
PostgreSQL 8.4.13
interploy
Znuny newbie

Re: ERROR: relation "support_bench_test" does not exist

Post by interploy »

And thanks in advance :) -interploy
OTRS v3.2.3
CentOS 6.3
PostgreSQL 8.4.13
interploy
Znuny newbie

Post by interploy »

I've finished the data migration and the new server seems pretty responsive so far. Though I won't be able to test this now, I'm still curious if there's a solution/explanation to this error.

Thanks!
-interploy
OTRS v3.2.3
CentOS 6.3
PostgreSQL 8.4.13
CSL
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.11

Post by CSL »

Not sure about this exact error, as I don't use Postgres, but the support_bench_test table should exist if you've ran the DB benchmark tool. It's literally just two columns in the following format:

Table: support_bench_test
Columns:
name_a varchar(60)
name_b varchar(60)

Garbage data like '1111' and '2222' is written to it during the benchmark to produce the scores at the end. It looks like your install has possibly tried to write to it, and produced error messages with each request because it didn't exist, thus taking longer than normal to complete the benchmark. (That'd be my guess).

You could try creating the table yourself if you're worried about getting an accurate score, but real-world results are a far better indicator, and if your users aren't complaining about performance that's a pretty good sign.
Backend: OTRS 3.0.11 RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.2, Apache, MySQL with replication
Frontend: OTRS 3.0.11 RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.2 with SELinux, Apache SSL
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

deinstall the Support Assement and install it new. If the tables where not created afterwards, check your database, as the OTRS user than is not allowed to create new tables;
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
interploy
Znuny newbie

Post by interploy »

After re-installing the Support package the support_bench_test table appeared in the db. I took the site down briefly to run the normal benchmark and everything is working as expected (and with good times too :) ). Thanks CSL and jojo!
OTRS v3.2.3
CentOS 6.3
PostgreSQL 8.4.13