Configuration Question

Moderator: crythias

SantaPe
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.2.2

Configuration Question

Post by SantaPe »

Hi,

I am trying to configure OTRS to see if it provides all the demanded functionallity for the company i'm working for.

There will be 5 resolver groups that are working seperately. So the customer needs to choose between 2 queues: IT and Facilities. But under IT there are 4 (hidden) subqueues. Per subqueue agents are committed to solving the tickets but only of that subqueue.

If possilbe I would like that the tickets are assigned to the correct subqueue automatically.
OR: by letting the user choose some options from some dropdownlists or checkboxes (dynamic fields)
OR: by looking at keywords in the body of the ticket (here we have the problem some tickets might not get assigned at all)

So I wonder if it is possible to dynamically show dynamic Fields (depending if they pick IT or Facilities) and use those dynamic fields to assign the tickets to the correct subqueue of IT?

I tried something with the generic Agent but the customer can still choose facilities and then they still have to choose something from the dynamic field... which is impossible (unless I configure the generic agent to watch the main queue as well ofcourse..)
But the maximum rate of making a generic agent run is every 10 minutes right?

Maybe you have other suggestions to solve my problem of automatically assigning to the correct subqueue?
OTRS 3.2 - Windows Server 2008R2 - mysql
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Configuration Question

Post by crythias »

interesting conundrum how you'd ask for information about queues but not allow a customer to select the proper one.

You can use ACLs to choose the available Queues based upon a selection of DynamicField (or service), if you want.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
SantaPe
Znuny newbie

Post by SantaPe »

That would be good as well yes, to filter the available queues by choices made in the dynamic fields.

Good idea, I haven't read about the ACL's but I'll look into it (read: google)

Thanks for the reply.
SantaPe
Znuny newbie

Post by SantaPe »

I have thought about another solution.

Where the customer selects a queue and depending on that queue the customer has to choose some other options from dropdownlists or checkboxes maybe.

But those checkboxes (for example) can only be shown when the user chooses a particular Queue.

Is that possible?
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
SantaPe
Znuny newbie

Post by SantaPe »

I figured it all out and it's working like a charm.

Next problem i need to tackle:

If a customer has chose a queue a new dropdownlist appears. He chooses a topic and submits the ticket.

Now an agent notices that the chosen topic from the dropdownlist is not correct. How can I make him able to change that?

is that possible?
ferrosti
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: 3.0

Post by ferrosti »

The topic can be changed by adding a note.
openSuSE on ESX
IT-Helpdesk: OTRS 3.0
Customer Service: OTRS 3.0 (upgraded from 2.3)
Customer Service (subsidiary): OTRS 3.0
+additional test and development systems
SantaPe
Znuny newbie

Post by SantaPe »

Ok I found it! Thanks.

Topic solved :)