(SOLVED)Message to customer after several days

Moderator: crythias

meukmans
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3

(SOLVED)Message to customer after several days

Post by meukmans »

Hi,

Got a question : To up our service level I want the customer to automatically receive an e-mail after the ticket has been closed for 5 days. In this message I want to ask the customer if he is satisfied with the solution and if not he can click a link to go straight to the ticket to reopen it.

Can I make a CRON job to do this or are there other solutions ?

Thanks in advance for a reply
Last edited by meukmans on 22 Nov 2012, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.
OTRS 3.0.7 On Windows Server 2008 R2
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Re: Message to customer after several days

Post by jojo »

you can use the Survey Module for this. (But might need to update to 3.1. first) This has the capability to send out the message and the link to the survey some days after ticket was closed
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
meukmans
Znuny newbie

Post by meukmans »

Hi Jojo,

Thanks for your reply. Indeed I thought about that module and also tried it but it seems to require questions, it won't go without one.
Maybe this is different in 3.1 ?

We will be updating to 3.2 when it comes out so i'll check again then..
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

yes, it will requie questions. Having a survey without a question is not really usefull..
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

generic agent
Every Min: 00 Hours: 06 Days: highlight M-F
filter
close time last 5 days
DynamicField Send5DayFollowUp empty/not sent (whatever default is)
action
set DynamicField Send5DayFollowUp to "Sent"

Notification Event
check TicketDynamicFieldUpdate_Send5DayFollowUp and send.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
meukmans
Znuny newbie

Post by meukmans »

Hi Crythias,

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure if I understand you correct but when I see DynamicField I think I need at least 3.1 ?
crythias

Post by crythias »

Yes, but you can do similar for TicketFreeText or make a custom state of type closed.

Note that adding to your ticket history may set your "close date" to last ticket update time.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
meukmans
Znuny newbie

Post by meukmans »

crythias wrote:generic agent
Every Min: 00 Hours: 06 Days: highlight M-F
filter
close time last 5 days
DynamicField Send5DayFollowUp empty/not sent (whatever default is)
action
set DynamicField Send5DayFollowUp to "Sent"

Notification Event
check TicketDynamicFieldUpdate_Send5DayFollowUp and send.
I appreciate your reply but I don't quite follow, can you explain the process a bit more please ?
crythias

Post by crythias »

please explain which part you don't understand.

Basically, you should create a TicketFreeTextField (<=3.0) and give it a label ... something like Send5DayFollowUp.

Go to Generic Agent and in the filter/criteria/match part, look for "closed" and set it for "last 5 days" (it is implied "ago" or, specifically, did it close before(less than) 5 days ago or did it close after[last] 5 days.
Optionally, use an additional criteria that looks for the empty or default value of Send5DayFollowUp FreeTextField, if necessary/possible.

Then in the action part of the Generic Agent, set a new value of Send5DayFollowUp to something like "sent"

At the top, you probably only need to run this once per day, because there is no time sensitivity on 5 day old tickets. Set the "minutes" section to "00" (this will make it happen every o'clock). Set the HOUR section to ... something, but likely something early in the day ... 9 am may be good. People are getting their coffee and *bing*, "hey, remember that ticket a week ago? Yeah... can you open it up again if you're not happy?"

But you need to send a notification, so set up a notification event to trap ticketfreetext update on that field you created. Make sure it matches the value you set in the Generic Agent. Then, finish the rest of the Notification event and make sure it goes to customer and is valid.

Most of this is basic "It's in the manual" stuff. We're just getting creative on how to combine the Generic Agent with the Notification Event.

Personal experience/opinion: Don't do this. I as a customer will address the ticket if I want to, and I'm pretty sure if I needed to open it again, I'd let you know prior to 5 days after you accomplished the task. You want me to do a survey? maybe. close my own ticket? probably not. You handle it.
This is both my personal opinion and the feedback I've had from my own customers. Any administrative needs, get up front. Handle the ticket. Involve the customer as little as possible.
meukmans
Znuny newbie

(SOLVED)Re: Message to customer after several days

Post by meukmans »

crythias wrote:please explain which part you don't understand.

Basically, you should create a TicketFreeTextField (<=3.0) and give it a label ... something like Send5DayFollowUp.

Go to Generic Agent and in the filter/criteria/match part, look for "closed" and set it for "last 5 days" (it is implied "ago" or, specifically, did it close before(less than) 5 days ago or did it close after[last] 5 days.
Optionally, use an additional criteria that looks for the empty or default value of Send5DayFollowUp FreeTextField, if necessary/possible.

Then in the action part of the Generic Agent, set a new value of Send5DayFollowUp to something like "sent"

At the top, you probably only need to run this once per day, because there is no time sensitivity on 5 day old tickets. Set the "minutes" section to "00" (this will make it happen every o'clock). Set the HOUR section to ... something, but likely something early in the day ... 9 am may be good. People are getting their coffee and *bing*, "hey, remember that ticket a week ago? Yeah... can you open it up again if you're not happy?"

But you need to send a notification, so set up a notification event to trap ticketfreetext update on that field you created. Make sure it matches the value you set in the Generic Agent. Then, finish the rest of the Notification event and make sure it goes to customer and is valid.

Most of this is basic "It's in the manual" stuff. We're just getting creative on how to combine the Generic Agent with the Notification Event.

Personal experience/opinion: Don't do this. I as a customer will address the ticket if I want to, and I'm pretty sure if I needed to open it again, I'd let you know prior to 5 days after you accomplished the task. You want me to do a survey? maybe. close my own ticket? probably not. You handle it.
This is both my personal opinion and the feedback I've had from my own customers. Any administrative needs, get up front. Handle the ticket. Involve the customer as little as possible.
Thanks for the explanation and your opinion I should get it to work now