Customer with multiple IDs for LDAP

Moderator: crythias

BrianYin
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.12

Customer with multiple IDs for LDAP

Post by BrianYin »

hi, everyone
i read the admin book talked about this.
quote from the book:"Example 11.4. Using Company tickets with an LDAP backend The customers A, B and C exist in your system and A wants to have access to the tickets of B and C via the customer panel. B and C should have no access to tickets of other users. To realize this setup, change the LDAP directory and the mapping in Kernel/Config.pm as described above. Then add into the field for CustomerIDs the values "B;C;" for customer A in your LDAP directory. "
here is my question: my customers contain some departments, how should i know which one is departmentA and who is its customer_ids
in my config.pm file, i didn't specify which is customer A,B.C & D, they all customers. how can i separate these customers?

Code: Select all

# var, frontend, storage, shown, required, storage-type
      #[ 'UserSalutation', 'Title', 'title', 1, 0, 'var' ],
      [ 'UserFirstname', 'Firstname', 'givenname', 0, 1, 'var','',0 ],
      [ 'UserLastname', 'Lastname', 'sn', 0, 1, 'var','',0 ],
      [ 'UserLogin', 'Login', 'sAMAccountName', 1, 1, 'var','',0 ],
      [ 'Username', 'Username', 'displayname', 1, 1, 'var','',0 ],
      [ 'UserEmail', 'Email', 'mail', 1, 1, 'var','',0 ],
      [ 'UserCustomerID', 'CustomerID', 'Test', 1, 1, 'var','',0],
      [ 'UserCustomerIDs', 'CustomerIDs', 'Test1;Test2;Test3;', 1, 0, 'var','',0],
is this right? Test represents DepartmentA, and Test1--Test3 are the customer_ids
OTRS Version: 3.1.9
ITSM 3.1.6
MySQL 5.xxx
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Customer with multiple IDs for LDAP

Post by crythias »

I want to post this for additional reading.
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=7531

Also, in your config:
"Test" is an LDAP *field/attribute* that contains "DepartmentA" (So it should be "Department" or "department")
"Test1;Test2;Test3;" is an LDAP *field/attribute* that contains "DepartmentA;DepartmentB;DepartmentC" (This could be an additional ldap attribute like those Custom attributes or another unused attribute)
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
BrianYin
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.12

Post by BrianYin »

i do not quite understand that. As your said above,

Code: Select all

# var, frontend, storage, shown, required, storage-type
      #[ 'UserSalutation', 'Title', 'title', 1, 0, 'var' ],
      [ 'UserFirstname', 'Firstname', 'givenname', 0, 1, 'var','',0 ],
      [ 'UserLastname', 'Lastname', 'sn', 0, 1, 'var','',0 ],
      [ 'Username', 'Username', 'displayname', 1, 1, 'var','',0 ],
      [ 'UserEmail', 'Email', 'mail', 1, 1, 'var','',0 ],
      [ 'UserCustomerID', 'CustomerID', 'Department', 1, 1, 'var','',0],
      [ 'UserCustomerIDs', 'CustomerIDs', 'DepartmentA;DepartmentB;DepartmentC;', 1, 0, 'var','',0],
what about the real customers? i can see i have more than one department, i don't know what does the company tickets part show in customer frontend...
one more thing i want to be clear customerIDs means customer groups ? is that right? i stuck in customerIDs and company ticket
i thought customerID likes the suprevisor's ID and customerIDs mean the customers' ID which are supervised by supervisor
OTRS Version: 3.1.9
ITSM 3.1.6
MySQL 5.xxx
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Take a look at the other rows in the map. For instance:
what is sAMAccountName? it is a field name. It isn't brianyin@domain.tld.
then ...
[ 'UserCustomerID', 'CustomerID', 'Department', 1, 1, 'var','',0],
What is 'Department'? It is a field name/attribute/key that holds a value. What value? "Corporate" or "Test" or "Accounting"

later:
[ 'UserCustomerIDs', 'CustomerIDs', 'DepartmentA;DepartmentB;DepartmentC;', 1, 0, 'var','',0],
What is 'DepartmentA;DepartmentB;DepartmentC;'? It's an invalid name which should be replaced by an LDAP attribute (Custom1, perhaps?) that holds relevant values, such as "DepartmentA;DepartmentB;DepartmentC"

PLEASE read the above linked document. It explicitly tells you the difference between customer ID, customer Groups, etc.
BrianYin wrote:one more thing i want to be clear customerIDs means customer groups ? is that right?
no. Customer groups are customer groups (mostly affecting queues and interface permissions). CustomerID holds a value that is department or company. CustomerIDs is a field or LDAP attribute that holds a semicolon separated list of multiple CustomerID values. CustomerID and CustomerIDs affect tickets, specifically what tickets are shown in "Company Tickets"
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask