[SOLVED]can't change CustomerTicketZoom###StateDefault

Moderator: crythias

meukmans
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3

[SOLVED]can't change CustomerTicketZoom###StateDefault

Post by meukmans »

Hi,

When a customer replies to a ticket i want the ticket te have the open state. Somehow I can't change this in the sysconfig. It keeps displaying new. If I change it to open and save, it reloads and goes back to new.

I hope someone can help me with this.
Last edited by meukmans on 13 Sep 2012, 08:17, edited 1 time in total.
OTRS 3.0.7 On Windows Server 2008 R2
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: can't change CustomerTicketZoom###StateDefault

Post by crythias »

meukmans wrote:When a customer replies to a ticket i want the ticket te have the open state
A persistent customer should not and does not control the state of a ticket. The ticket is new until a human agent contacts the customer through OTRS.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
meukmans
Znuny newbie

Post by meukmans »

Ok, maybe a misunderstanding here, the process is as follows :

A new ticket is made (new status)
We insert some information (external note) (we change the status to open)
The customer reacts to this information in OTRS or via e-mail

Now this is the point, OTRS should leave the current status as it is (open) and not change it to open

This is why i want to change the default state to open instead of new

I'm pretty sure i had it on open a few weeks back and now i can't change it from new to open
crythias

Post by crythias »

meukmans wrote:We insert some information (external note) (we change the status to open)
Notes don't do this unless you explicitly change the state. (External Notes leave the status as new).
meukmans wrote:The customer reacts to this information in OTRS or via e-mail
How does the customer react to this information? How is the customer notified?
Why not use the Reply feature instead? That's what it's there for and how all of this is supposed to work.

If you are using some sort of notification kludge on external notes, you're just making things harder.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
crythias

Post by crythias »

Also, you're looking for FollowUp state, not any StateDefault.
meukmans
Znuny newbie

Post by meukmans »

Indeed, not the note changes the state, we do so we have a clear view of new tickets and open tickets. When a new ticket is created by a customer i check who is gonne solve it and then i change the state to open.

When we insert the external note, the customer receives a e-mail message of what we wrote. Instead of opening OTRS the customer will reply on that e-mail.(some do use the reply function but most don't).
We have a special mailbox for that, OTRS checks it every 10 min. and puts the reaction in the right ticket.

When this happens the status changes from open to new because new information is added ..

I know this might be harder for us, but if i don't do it this way i'm busy all day putting the reply e-mails in the right ticket ..
meukmans
Znuny newbie

Post by meukmans »

crythias wrote:Also, you're looking for FollowUp state, not any StateDefault.
So i'm changing the wrong setting ? Where do i change the followup state ?
crythias

Post by crythias »

meukmans wrote:When we insert the external note, the customer receives a e-mail message of what we wrote
Instead of this, you should just click reply and the customer gets the email message.
meukmans wrote:Instead of opening OTRS the customer will reply on that e-mail.(some do use the reply function but most don't).
ok, I'd expect them to do that anyway.
meukmans wrote:When this happens the status changes from open to new because new information is added ..
I ... okay, whatever works for you. That's what the star is for. You may want a new followup state of "CustomerUpdate" of type "open" instead.
meukmans wrote:When a customer replies to a ticket i want the ticket te have the open state
Which is it? "new" because new information or "open"? Again, you're looking for a FollowUp state.
meukmans
Znuny newbie

Post by meukmans »

crythias wrote:
meukmans wrote:When we insert the external note, the customer receives a e-mail message of what we wrote
Instead of this, you should just click reply and the customer gets the email message.
meukmans wrote:Instead of opening OTRS the customer will reply on that e-mail.(some do use the reply function but most don't).
ok, I'd expect them to do that anyway.
meukmans wrote:When this happens the status changes from open to new because new information is added ..
I ... okay, whatever works for you. That's what the star is for. You may want a new followup state of "CustomerUpdate" of type "open" instead.
Which is it? "new" because new information or "open"? Again, you're looking for a FollowUp state.

Can you please explain what you mean with followup state, you mean i need to create a new state type ?
Or even better, how would you change the process i described ?
crythias

Post by crythias »

This is what is "default"
A ticket is created. If it's created by an Agent, it usually is "open". If a ticket is created by a Customer, via web or email, it usually is "new"
The first outbound contact to a customer changes the ticket to "open".
The best, preferred way to do this is either by agent clicking "Reply" on the ticket zoom (not adding an external note) or an agent making an "outbound Phone call" (clicking that button).
The ticket is now open.
If a customer responds, a star appears on the inbound article in 3.1 and maybe 3.0. Also, if the ticket is unlocked, all agents with preferences notifications yes and the queue selected in "My Queues" will get notification of the update from customer.
If the ticket is locked, only the owner (and, if enabled, responsible) will receive notification that the ticket has been updated by Customer (You've received a followup!)
The ticket stays in this state.

However, some agents/otrs admins want a FollowUp to change the state. A FollowUp is the designation that a customer has responded. (Agents can't "Follow Up" in this sense, because they're not supposed to reply to customer tickets via email).

They key thing for your implementation is based upon ... well, I'm not sure what you want. Apparently, you either want customer responses to mark the ticket as "new", which it doesn't by default, or you don't want the customer responses to mark the ticket as "new", which it's doing because the FollowUp State is setting the ticket as "new".

However, if a ticket is "new", a Customer's FollowUp doesn't change the state of the ticket. That is, a customer can't change the state to, for instance, "open" just because she has sent a followup to a "new" ticket.

You have been asking about "StateDefault" ... that isn't relevant to what happens when the customer sends an email update (FollowUp) on the ticket.
You want to check sysconfig for states on FollowUp.
meukmans
Znuny newbie

Post by meukmans »

Ok, thanks for the information Crythias