Moderator: crythias

guillo
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.7

Question: What is the "PostMasterUserID"? [solved]

Post by guillo »

Core::Postmaster

The manual does not clarify this question enough

The option PostMasterId comes with a 1 as default. What does this number stands for??? What if change it for a two, or maybe 356. Is this number a user ID???
Last edited by guillo on 10 Sep 2012, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
OTRS V 3.0.7 Windows 2008 x64 going for 3.1.7
OTRS 3.1.12 on LINUX UBUNTU SERVER
CSL
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.11

Re: Question: What is the "PostMasterID"?

Post by CSL »

Yes: it's a user ID. I agree that the manual and 'hint' help do not tell you anything about what this is. I found out by accident when helping someone on here.

It sets the default owner of all new tickets that are created by the postmaster process (eg imported via email fetch). It's set to 1 by default, which is OTRS Administrator. So if you set it to 2, whichever user has a UID of 2 will from that point on be the default owner of all tickets created by importing mail.

Edit* - you mean PostmasterUserID yes? There isn't a PostMasterID option under there on mine, but that may be because I'm running 3.0
Last edited by CSL on 10 Sep 2012, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
Backend: OTRS 3.0.11 RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.2, Apache, MySQL with replication
Frontend: OTRS 3.0.11 RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.2 with SELinux, Apache SSL
guillo
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.7

Post by guillo »

CSL wrote:Yes: it's a user ID. I agree that the manual and 'hint' help do not tell you anything about what this is. I found out by accident when helping someone on here.

It sets the default owner of all new tickets that are created by the postmaster process (eg imported via email fetch). It's set to 1 by default, which is OTRS Administrator. So if you set it to 2, whichever user has a UID of 2 will from that point on be the default owner of all tickets created by importing mail.
Thanks a lot mate.
OTRS V 3.0.7 Windows 2008 x64 going for 3.1.7
OTRS 3.1.12 on LINUX UBUNTU SERVER
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

(heh. What CSL said.)

It's actually "PostMasterUserID" and is the userid (as in, number) that is assigned to the key of InmailUserID within Kernel/System/Postmaster.pm
InmailUserID is, in turn, used in the Postmaster/NewTicket.pm, FollowUp.pm, and Reject.pm as the UserID for operations regarding Ticket creation and Article followup.

It would be of benefit if you wanted to track that the ticket was created by the postmaster "user" -- manually created in Agents -- instead of default "root@localhost".
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask