Sending Email to customer with ticket closing

Moderator: crythias

Romaing
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.5

Sending Email to customer with ticket closing

Post by Romaing »

Haï !

Well the title sums it up, to create a event notification when closing tickets i followed this method: http://wiki.otterhub.org/index.php?titl ... has_closed

But OTRS still doesn't send any email to customers when a tickets gets closed, whether it's the customer that closes himself the ticket, or when an agent does it.

Nothing happens in the log and other ways to send email (like ticket creation for example) manage to send customer emails fine.

Could there be any 'obvious' options somewhere else in OTRS that might prevent event based notifications to work ?

Best regards everyone :]
OTRS 3.1.5 on Ubuntu 12.04
Database: MySQL
Module: FAQ
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Sending Email to customer with ticket closing

Post by crythias »

If the linked entry doesn't work (what are the logs saying on this event?) then it's:
Notification not enabled
Notification not configured correctly
Email doesn't work (check the notification sender email address)
You chose a notification based upon an unused state.

Your logs should give you (and potentially, us?) a better clue as to what the issue is.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
Romaing
Znuny newbie

Post by Romaing »

Once again, thanks crythias for your interest :)

Well i've checked all what you talk about, nothing seems wrong...

Actually there is nothing that happens in the log, that's the thing ! Don't get me wrong, the log works for all other stuff.

I thought there was something wrong on the setting of the notification event, tried TicketStateUpdate or TicketLockUpdate but they don't 'provoke' anything.

But then after getting tired with it and selecting everything in both event and state boxes, then i know the event notification can work because after a ticket creation, i will receive 5 same emails from that notification event :mrgreen: (all tracked in the log)
But when i close that same ticket with everything still selected, there is still nothing sent, nothing in the log.

I guess that must be some sort of lead, but can't make anything out of it.
crythias

Post by crythias »

Who's the recipient group? (Customer) TicketStateUpdate, closed successful, closed unsuccessful.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Romaing
Znuny newbie

Post by Romaing »

crythias wrote:Who's the recipient group? (Customer) TicketStateUpdate, closed successful, closed unsuccessful.
yes, customer is the recipient group.
I'm doing exactly this and nothing happens.

Does the "Notification article type matters" by the way ? Because it's either email-notification-int or email-notification-ext. (guessing no but just wanna be sure)
crythias

Post by crythias »

Romaing wrote:Does the "Notification article type matters" by the way ?
Not in any practical way. Internal/External simply indicates that the history is [in]visible to the customer on the action performed.

I cannot provide more assistance without appropriate log information. If the customer's configuration/preferences is to not receive notification, that's the last thought I have on this without more information.
Romaing
Znuny newbie

Post by Romaing »

OK i'm gonna guess there's an OTRS rule stating that if an agent and the customer have the same mail address, then the notification won't be sent to the user group ? :oops: :oops:

Because after creating a new user with a external gmail address, then the notification just get send straight away ! All of it logged of course...

Sometimes i feel like my brain just enjoys betraying me on occasion.
ramanagopal
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.23
Company: Napier Healthcare

Post by ramanagopal »

I am also facing same issue. But gent gets closed notification, Customer not getting............
crythias

Post by crythias »

This is an old thread. You may want to start a new thread to address your issue.
Tadur
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4.0.11

Post by Tadur »

I agree, the thread is old, but I might stumbled upon the same issue + seem to found a reason why + didnt find a workaround:

Send no customer notification because of missing customer email (CustomerUserID=)!

Testing further, it looks like our construction doesnt fit into the recent OTRS logic: we do not always create customer IDs - its something that we might have, or might not have.

Conclusion: The notification works, if the customer is created, and doesnt if it isnt.

Is there a workaround, to inform a not created customer anyhow via the customernumber ("Kundennummer" in german)?
That is always there and will be in the form of an email. It is my preferred choice, but I dont have the option in the notifcation interface.
OTRS Version 4.0.11
on CentOS