Remote IP?

Moderator: crythias

rtorres
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 31100

Remote IP?

Post by rtorres »

In our old system I was able to make the new tickets contain the IP of the machine the ticket was submitted from. That way when the tech got the ticket he had access to the IP of the machine to remote in and help them. Can this be done in otrs?
CSL
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.11

Re: Remote IP?

Post by CSL »

I'm pretty sure you'll have to code this yourself, I don't think OTRS has any features or packages that could do it. The first thing that comes to mind is modification of the perl modules involved in ticket creation. The OTRS log captures the IP of the machine that a user logs in from, but I'm not sure if this data is stored in their session information, or whether you would have to add it yourself (possibly by grepping the log, but that seems pretty ugly). Maybe some javascript added to the dashboard page that captures the user's IP and stores it in an extra column called 'last_ip' in the 'user' DB table, which is then inserted during ticket creation?
Backend: OTRS 3.0.11 RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.2, Apache, MySQL with replication
Frontend: OTRS 3.0.11 RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.2 with SELinux, Apache SSL
rtorres
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 31100

Post by rtorres »

OK thanks. Might just try to share a field like subject and include the ip of the machine. That would in theory write the IP into the ticket info as well. If I get it to work I will post it.
micshi
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.2.2

Post by micshi »

Suggestion.

1. Write a login script for AD that can get IP address when user login AD, then update this IP address to user profile in LDAP.

2. Import this IP from LDAP to OTRS customer profile. It will be easy if your OTRS is integrated with AD.
OTRS 3.2.2, ITSM 3.2.2, SystemMonitor
Ubuntu, Apache2, MySQL 5
My OTRS Blog
OTRS Basic Concept Training
OTRS Demo Instance
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask