Ticket# and ID mismatch

Moderator: crythias

ulhamm
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3

Ticket# and ID mismatch

Post by ulhamm »

Hi!
We have OTRS 3.0.6 and it works fine. Using it for supporting various customers in many different errands. Customized setup but no platform changes except CSS (own skin).
However when we started we chose incorrectly to have date included in the ticket number. After a while we changed to 10000001 and so on. However now in the database we have a 20 digit mismatch.
For example; ID is 1761 and ticket number is #10001741. This becomes of course very confusing since TicketNumber in subject line and URL mismatches. Very annoying and I have been trying to search this forum for info.

I tried to manually change the tn for the last ticket in the database, but next ticket anyway continued from the previous.
Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards
Ulrica
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Re: Ticket# and ID mismatch

Post by jojo »

the ticket ID is not related to the Ticket#!
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
CSL
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.11

Re: Ticket# and ID mismatch

Post by CSL »

You shouldn't need to use the Ticket ID in day-to-day use of OTRS - it's there as an internal reference for the database. The Ticket number is all that is required to work with tickets.

If you are using the ticket ID number in URL's to jump directly to tickets, such as an address like this:
helpdesk.com/otrs/index.pl?Action=AgentTicketZoom;TicketID=51714

You can replace the 'TicketID=' part with 'TicketNumber=' instead, like this:
helpdesk.com/otrs/index.pl?Action=AgentTicketZoom;TicketNumber=10049731

Both of these URLs will work the same.

As for manually changing the current ticket number the system is continuing from, it's not read from the database (for reasons I'm still not 100% on...), it's stored in /opt/otrs/var/log/TicketCounter.log and can be manually edited there.
Backend: OTRS 3.0.11 RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.2, Apache, MySQL with replication
Frontend: OTRS 3.0.11 RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.2 with SELinux, Apache SSL