Multiple email accounts on OTRS

Moderator: crythias

machielr
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.9

Multiple email accounts on OTRS

Post by machielr »

Good day

We are running OTRS 3.0.9 and currently have different queues for each type of request and each with an associated email account.

However, when an email is sent from any of the accounts, it still shows the actual address as being the main account (ticketman@company.co.za).

The mail does show the queue it was sent from , however the email address it shows is incorrect.

We found a setting for the sendmail module to use which is set to smpttls at the moment which then specifies the ticketman email address as the authentication user and password and we suspect that this might be the reason.

We have tried many different settings and methods to get past this, however it only sends out emails when specifying this smtptls with the user and password.

can anyone please assist with this as we require the following:

- 2 queues which is currently setup
- each queue needs its own autoresponse upon a ticket being logged via email (this is working as required)
- The autoresponse "from" email address needs to be the same as the email address as specified for the specific queue
--- This is where we are stuck at the moment. The autoresponse being received from the system shows that it is from the correct queue but shows the wrong email address.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Regards
troffasky
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.2.8

Re: Multiple email accounts on OTRS

Post by troffasky »

What do you have in

Admin > Queues > [queuename] > System Address

for each of the queues?

Also try using an MUA to send some emails through your mail server with different From: addresses and see what happens.
OTRS 3.2.8 on Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS
machielr
Znuny newbie

Post by machielr »

Also try using an MUA to send some emails through your mail server with different From: addresses and see what happens.
Can you please explain to me what you mean by this?

The settings are correct for the system mail address and even in the system log it shows that it used the correct email, however on the receiving side we still see the one as configured under : Admin --> sysconfig--> Core:Sendmail

Is there a way to disable this setting and still be able to send mails?

Regards
ferrosti
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: 3.0

Post by ferrosti »

Please have a look at the sent emails 'Plain View' in your ticket view. Which address shows up?
In case you have the correct address in the From mailheader there is some cind of address rewrite going on in either an MTA or whichever service is in between.
openSuSE on ESX
IT-Helpdesk: OTRS 3.0
Customer Service: OTRS 3.0 (upgraded from 2.3)
Customer Service (subsidiary): OTRS 3.0
+additional test and development systems
machielr
Znuny newbie

Post by machielr »

HI, I had a look on the plain view as well as the logs and it all shows the correct email address.

any idea on where we can look for the "address rewrite going on in either an MTA or whichever service is in between."

We have not configured any inbetween services and the otrs is supposed to connect to the imap/smtp server (gmail.com) and then send the mails using the account setting provided.

However, even though different email accounts with the relevant user and passwords have been configured, it still converts the mails to the one configured under core:sendmail and not using the one configured under the postmaster: mail accounts.

From what we can gather, the conversion happens somewhere within otrs as it connects to the smtp server directly, but not sure how we can change the setting to only use the email accounts as set up in the Postmaster:mailaccounts and not the core:sendmail config

I really hope this makes sence...

Regards
ferrosti
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: 3.0

Post by ferrosti »

I do not know how gmail itself works, so I am just guessing.
Does this specific gmail account allow sending mails using the desired FROM address? Which is the standard address used in FROM in this gmail account?
openSuSE on ESX
IT-Helpdesk: OTRS 3.0
Customer Service: OTRS 3.0 (upgraded from 2.3)
Customer Service (subsidiary): OTRS 3.0
+additional test and development systems
machielr
Znuny newbie

Post by machielr »

the account used for that queue is in fact an actual physical account in gmail...

from what we can see, the otrs uses the mail account which we specified in the postmaster:mailaccounts, however for some reason seem to be using the account in core:sendmail to authenticate causing it to send with the wrong email account.

we are currently playing with some settings to try and get around this but nothing found as yet.

The moment we disable the settings in core:sendmail, no mails are received whatsoever.
avotaieva
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 03010

Post by avotaieva »

Hi, I used this tip for my Survey and that helped.
ferrosti wrote:I do not know how gmail itself works, so I am just guessing.
Does this specific gmail account allow sending mails using the desired FROM address? Which is the standard address used in FROM in this gmail account?
The idea really is to go to @gmail settings and set the "Send E-mail as:" setting.
Then the e-mails are sent "from" the desired e-mail address.
But there can be some side effects, so keep Your eyes open.
~{-_-}~ ieva
sylgles
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.0.0.0

Post by sylgles »

Hi,

Have you found a solution ?
We have the same problem with multiple email account on Exchange.

Thanks,